New in Beauty, Feb. 11: Laura Mercier Polishes a New Palette, and China Glaze’s Great Rainbow of Hope

Watching a master at work… Chanel Beauty Artistic Director Peter Philips

Isn’t it fun to watch how people who are great at something do what they do?

So far, 10 people have commented on this article. How cool is that?

1. Devs says:

That palette would be great for traveling!!

2. Sarahc says:

Yum, I want that Laura Mercier palette so much I could eat it up!

3. Tavia says:

I like those colors from the palette :)
    .-= Tavia’s last blog post… Update: MAC Pret a Papier Summer 2010 Collection + Added Photos =-.

Zit stick in aisle Nina STAT!!!!

Gawd my tiny zits are taking FOREVER to heal …. :D

5. Jaime says:

oooh i would love the nail polish, can’t have too much !
    .-= Jaime’s last blog post… Nail Art: Blue Gradation =-.

6. Alison says:

Watching Peter Philips at work is amazing! He makes making up the models look so effortless! I really enjoyed watching these videos (only wish I could speak french so I knew what they were saying!). I loved the old product containers and advertisements, those ads looked like they were from the 20′s, I would love some of those framed and on my wall!

I have decided what my dream job would be, product tester for Chanel, to be able to get my hands on the nail varnishes and the glosses before anyone else would be amazing!

Seeing the images for the Alexanfer McQueen show really tugged at my heartstrings, such a loss of talent for the fashion world. RIP Alexander McQueen.

7. Lisa S. says:

Love the palette, I think the Poppy ring thing is adorable and NOT CHEESY! Also I got all excited at the Boots palette thing, until I realised If I never bought another lip gloss I’d still have a 10 year supply.

By the way I’m wearing Elf mineral lip stick in “Nicely Nude” with MAC “Valentine’s” lip gelee over the top. I only say this to illustrate that I am not a make-up snob as my DH called me earlier (don’t ask) ;0) The Elf cost 3 bucks and the MAC cost me 10 at CC. So Thppppbbbt. (that last was for the hub unit who’s reading over my shoulder.)

8. Christy Ordonez says:

At first I was so sad when I realised the majority of the dialogue in the videos was in French, but that drumline beat whenever someone was introduced was totally worth it!! I just recreated the look Peter taught. SImple, classic, clean.

9. Steph B says:

I LOVE Bulgari Aquamarine. Yeah, it’s a men’s cologne but it is just fab. I can’t pass a fragrance counter without giving it a sniff.

10. diane says:

Thanks for the China Glaze news and for the videos, I was reading about him the other day and I think he’s amazing!

kiss
    .-= diane’s last blog post… Amazing rings! and 2 more blog awards :D =-.