Makeup and Beauty Blog Introduces Rent-A-Tabby, a New Service That Delivers Tabs Directly to You

rent a tabby

In the tradition of forward feline thinking here at Makeup and Beauty Blog, I am proud to announce a brand new service that brings the cat cafe experience directly to you.

Introducing: Rent-A-Tabby.

Why settle for mere pics and video when you can actually spend time interacting with the world’s first international plus-size kitty supermodel from the comfort of your own home?

Why Rent-A-Tabby?

Rent-A-Tabby, a new service here on Makeup and Beauty Blog, brings the Tabs experience right to your doorstep.

Feel Tabs making biscuits on your tum firsthand. Hear him sweetly beg for gravy in the middle of the night (“mrowww!”). Awaken to nearly 20 pounds of raw feline force catapulting off your bladder at 5 in the morning. Experience a kitty butt shoved in your face at all hours of the day (live and in 3D).

• Need a chest warmer or a furry chin to head-butt your face while you’re reading in bed?
  • Looking for a lap warmer/TV companion?
  • Interested in testing the waters for a career in full-time pet assisting?

If you said “Yes!” to any of the above, or if you’re just a cat fan and want to hang out with Tabs, Rent-A-Tabby is right for you.

Here’s how it works

1. Click the big Sign Up button at the bottom of this post, and complete the eligibility form. Be sure to indicate the dates you would like to Rent-A-Tabby, and select your options. At the moment, I take Visa and Mastercard, but I’ll be rolling out a PayPal option soon.
  2. I ship Tabs to you. He’s guaranteed to arrive on your doorstep by your Rent-A-Tabby date (or your money back). I can ship to all U.S. and international addresses (overnight shipping available).
  3. When you’re done spending time with Tabs, just pack him up in the pre-paid return box, and drop the box off at your nearby FedEx (or DHL) office.

rent a tabby

rent a tabby

It’s that easy!

Please note: Rent-A-Tabby services are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If Tabs is booked up over your selected dates, I will work with you to find a solution. Tabs works with several fine felines also available for rental (including a thuggish Russian Blue, a sweet cross-eyed kitty and the dainty Charlize).

Enhance your Rent-A-Tabby experience with one of our add-on services

The Basic Rent-A-Tabby package delivers Tabs to you au naturel, but for an additional $25, you can take your Rent-A-Tabby experience to the next level with one of our add-on services.

Tabs will arrive wearing one of his fun costumes, like Yellow Submarine or Kitty Shark. Or, for more formal visits, order your Tabs in Business Casual, Hipster Kitty or Black Tie.

Yellow Submarine add-on

Kitty Shark add-on

Business Casual add-on

Hipster Kitty add-on

What are you waiting for?

I’ve been working on this project for a few months now, and I’m very excited to finally be able to bring Tabs all the way to you.

Don’t delay. Rent your tabby today.

Hover to reveal the heart

So far, 102 people have commented on this article. How cool is that?

1. Karley says:

Tabs is sooo cute! I took in a stray about 6months ago & he is the sweetest boy ever!

Hi, Karley! Tabs applauds you. He was a stray once, too. What’s your kitty’s name?

• Karley says:

His name is Beast bc he has 26 toes!

• Jenn says:

I took in a stray this year with 23 toes (Hemingway is his name). What is UP with that?? :)

• Brittany says:

Last summer I took in a stray with 23 toes who had just had 4 kittens (took them in too, their eyes were still closed at the time, so cute). I named her Polly (for polydactyl). One kitten had 22 toes, one didn’t have any extra toes, one had extra toes on the front paws only and one only had extra toes on her front and back paws on the left side (she’s named Southpaw, the one I ended up keeping). Luckily I have a lot of cat people friends, so they all have wonderful homes now (including a kitten and Polly with my parents).

I swear, stray cats can find me from a mile away as I always end up with them at my door. They know I’m a sucker! This must be why I have 3 cats already….

2. Amiee says:

This just made my night (morning?)!

3. Bing says:

I want to book Tabs. Does he come to Grenbrae? We have a Molly Stones and a Suzie Cakes.

4. HAHAHA! You’re a genius, Karen :).
    dani@callitbeauty recently posted … I Heart New York! (Warning: Photo Heavy)

5. kiwi says:

HAHA I totally believed this for a second good one! I almost wish it were real though. I would love my own Tabs <3

6. Christine says:

Ahaha, I love the look on Tabs face in the second photo. He just looks so resigned to going in that box.

I loved this, thank you Karen <3!

7. Kelly says:

Haha! Tabs is HUGE! I love it :)

8. Kat says:

hahaha I love this so much! Clearly “Yellow Submarine” is not Tabs’ fav look…

9. Cacau says:

As soon as I saw I knew it was April fools! :) You’d never part with Tabs!
    Specially not with a box with no breathing holes x.x

10. Paris B says:

LOL!! I loved this one! Loving all your April 1st posts thus far :D
    Paris B recently posted … Object of Desire: Ferragamo Varina Flats

11. Chris25 says:

Karen, DO NOT tempt me. You know I would totally rent Tabs! And of course, my own “kids” would never forgive me.

12. sarahc says:

I have a nice apartment with a lot of climbable shelves, so I think Tabs would like it. Can I place an order for Tabs for April 18-24 please? Thank you.

13. Mary Cris says:

hahaha! :)

14. Angela G. says:

“Feel Tabs making biscuits on your tum firsthand”
    Honey, if I rented Tabs I’d have him making homemade flour tortillas all day long with the amount I got around my mid-section! Hahahaha This is an awesome post. Thanks for bringing joy into my day. =)

15. lesley says:

This has to be the cutest April Fool’s ever :)

16. Biba says:

Yay for international shipping! ;D
    Biba recently posted … ARTDECO Marrakesh Sunset Collection Photos & Swatches

17. isabella says:

is that a Newsboy Cap from Cat Atetlier?

adorable column
    My Kate would love a playmate for the day

18. artemis says:

sooo cute! i like the business casual and shark looks the most <3

19. Audrey says:

Hee, I want a kitty shark! Cutest April Fool’s prank ever, Karen!

20. Minnegirl says:

This post made my day! I love it and Tabs looks so cute in his costumes.

Thanks, Minnegirl. I hope you decide to give the new service a go. Rent-A-Tabby today!

• Minnegirl says:

Karen, LOL! I hit the button and saw the joke, but I love all of your Tabs posts. We have a 19 pound former shelter cat, and he reminds me do T. However, I don’t think Oscar and Maxwell (9 pound former shelter cat) would be so good with the outfits, super jealous! Tiffany

21. BeckBeck says:

Haha! I would totally rent Tabs except that my Patches would strongly object to another cat in her apartment.

22. Lars says:

Afriggindorable. :)

23. Hahaha yes I’d very much like to sign up for that! Please make him come with that super cute cap! Can’t wait to see how Tango would react to it hehe

24. kprice says:

This is so awesome! The picture of you loading him into the box is hilarious. You get tons of credit for being so clever. I would love to rent tabs – sign me up.

25. Agata says:

That’s so cute and funny Karen. Well done!

26. YadiQ says:

Very cute Karen!!!

Karen you have the best ideas! Pls patent this ASAP!!!

And on that note, id like to rent the Tabs for Easter weekend. Thank you! I promse tons of scritches and gravy! <3

28. karen says:

bwa ha ha ha ha!

29. Heather says:

Is there some type of tabby exchange program offered as well? My orange tabby and gray tabby will be sent away for the day (those little devils!), and I can receive the rent-a-tabby while they’re gone? You know, for a bit of tabby-change now and again? I can’t guarantee that one of my tabbies will ever leave the box though. She likes boxes.

We can work something out. Our polices allow for plenty of tabby flexibility. Please contact our customer service line, 1-888-TABBY-LOVE for more information.

30. Daniella says:

I . Wish. lol.
    I absolutely adore cats, especially affectionate ones, but I can’t have pets where I live. So yes, I’ll be sneaky about it and take that big lovely kitteh for a day or two why thank you.

31. Heidi says:

I REALLY need a Rent-A-Tabby in my life right about now!

32. DalaLuz says:

The service I have been desperately waiting for without knowing it… How did I ever manage to do without Rent-A-Tabby. You deliver internationally I hope? :D

33. Ruchita says:

This is awesome! I was smiling the whole time while reading this post. I would like place an advanced order to rent Tabs in August, for my birthday. :-)

34. Kitty Katillac says:

That’s the cutest April Fool’s ever! I would totally cat-sit for you though since you’re a NorCal chickadee like me. I’m sure he would get along great out here in Livermore with my Siamese kitty Thor, :)

35. Tekoa says:

I would like to rent Tabs with the Shark add on for the Easter weekend. He looks so snoogly! *lapses into cat lover gibberish*

36. MM Curator says:

I’m so sad this isn’t real. LOL. I would LOVE to rent the amazing Tabs!!!

37. Karen K says:

Ha ha ha! Who are you trying to fool? You couldn’t part with the Tabster for one day no matter the price. It would be cute to open a box and Tabs jump out though.

38. mn says:

Tab’s is in luck- we always have plenty of cans of his favorite gravy around here.
    - I love how he looks when he is getting dunked into the first box, hilarous.
    It seems that Tab is already working on a career for when his kitty model days slow down.

39. Kwin Nichola Wong says:

Ooohhh so cute my family adoped a stray kitty too, we got it literally from the street! Her name is Wishes, we had one before her whose name was Patience but he ran away with a feline! Lol

40. Danii says:

I want to pet that big fluffy tum! :D

41. JCz says:

Oh my God!! Tabs is a big boy, huh? How nice it is that Tabs is so compliant. My cats would have staged a mutiny! They’re so rude.

42. Patty says:

Karen, please book a trip for Tabs to the Washington, DC area asap. You may have heard that a most progressive cat named Hank is running for Senator from VA and could use all the support he can get. If you are interested in learning more about Hank and his platform, just google Hank…he’s been featured in many news articles. Dickens and I are definitely voting for him. (We are not affiliated with Hank or his people in any way, but do believe he will make a fine Senator for our beautiful Commonwealth of VA). He understands the challenges we face, as he was a stray at one time himself. He is in a CATegory all his own. He’s VERY handsome, too!

43. Rhonda Reiser says:

Hmmm, I’m thinking Tabs looks big enough to stuff you in the box and rent you out! We’d all love our very own onsite beauty consultant!

44. grlnxdor says:

Omg this is so funny! You really are hilarious and I especially liked the pic of Tabs being lowered into the shipping box!

45. BooBooNinja says:

Let me officially state to the world that this is my favourite MBB post.
    Tabs’ expression in the first photo slays me. Does he give you those eyes when he wants a treat? Heart-melting genius.

46. Kate & Zena says:

I need Tibby Tabs!

Maybe I could have the Tibbers and you could take Zena?

47. eight says:

I wish this was real! ;D
    eight recently posted … Weekend Link Love

48. Jane says:

We would love to rent Tabs for the weekend. . . My lovely kitty Amber is so excited a the thought she almost missed the litter pan.

49. Heidi19 says:

Funny! And i love your idea Karen! I love cats and tabs is so cute and i would totally rent Tabs. lol! Thanks for the post! Love it!

50. Angel says:

OMG, my husband and I are dying over this post Karen! LMAO at that picture of Tabs being lowered into the box BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I wish this was real, we’d rent Tabs in a second :)

51. Ana says:

hahaha I’d love to rent Tabs… He will enjoy a fresh mexican spring ;) amazing post Karen! I love your blog! greets from Mexico!

52. Rebecca says:

My little Abby needs a practice tabby to see if she will accept a new full-time friend. Tabs seems like he would be the perfect candidate for the job. The sooner the better! I only live a few hours south of you too. You wouldn’t even have to ship him; you could take a road trip! :)

53. Kim says:

HAHA! This is fabulous. I think Tabs would miss you while out for rent, though. :)

54. Chelsea says:

I would love to Rent a Tabby!

55. Liliana says:

awww so cute!!!! my tabby Itchy would love a playmate !

where did you get the rest of his cute outfits??

56. Alison says:

Can I rent a tabby with ALL the add-ons? *starry-eyed* He’s so cute!