Dolce & Gabbana, Milan Fashion Week, Summer 2011: Ultra Wearable Makeup Hits the Runway!

Dolce & Gabbana Sicilian Lace Fall 2010 swatches review nude quad open
The $59 Dolce & Gabbana Nude quad (#110)

Heya, ladies! The show doesn’t start for a couple of hours, but the air is already buzzing with makeup and beauty. Minutes ago, artist extraordinaire Pat McGrath described the look we’ll be seeing on the runway today as “…ultra natural makeup with beautiful design; [we want] the face to look sensual [and] beautiful.”

She describes it as a big departure from the styles of the last few Dolce & Gabbana runway looks. In effect, today’s models will be rocking less makeup.

Do you remember the Dolce & Gabbana Nude quad from the permanent line? Expect to see it featured this afternoon along with a new lipstick compact called Lip Jewel (contains four shades — Nude, Dahlia, Ultra and Devil).

Nude quad from left on NC35 skin: shimmery plum, shimmery golden peach, matte beige, matte tan

Key elements of today’s makeup look:

• Sensuality, and an overal natural look
  • Dolce & Gabbana’s Chocolate eyeliner smudged close to the lashes
  • The brown shadow from the Nude quad applied wet and very thinly along the lash line
  • Natural-looking foundation to match the skin tone of the body
  • Dolce & Gabbana Caramel blush
  • The beige and tan shades from the Nude quad applied around the eyes
  • Mascara on the upper lashes only
  • Dolce & Gabbana’s beige eyeliner (Nude eyeliner) at the inner corners of the eyes
  • Lips with a natural-looking stain using colors from the new Jewel lip compact

More deets and pics coming soon! :)

So far, 11 people have commented on this article. How cool is that?

1. so excited to hear about your trip karen!

2. Ilaria says:

Are you still in Italy, Karen? It would be sooo cool to meet you!!! :)

3. Beth says:

Oh my gosh, Karen! I am so looking forward to seeing all of the trends and news from MFW! Please keep us all posted, hope you’re not feeling too jet-lagged…

Beth

4. Toni says:

Can’t wait to see the pics! Hope you’re having a great time!

that palette is so pretty! :) cant wait to see pics of the makeup looks! :) have fun!

6. Trisha says:

Ugh. I wish I was there with you. Jealous! I also really like the colors in that Nude Quad. I hope you get lots of cool action pictures while you’re in Milan.
    Trisha recently posted … NMW- Makeup-Less Sunday and New Hair Color

7. Amee says:

pretty!!! all the shades of the nude quad is very pretty.. i am waiting ur pic wearing this :) whn u coming back???

8. amy says:

what a pretty quad. I have to go to Holt Renfrew more to check out the D & G counter.

9. gio says:

That’s a pretty palette! I can’t wait to see the pix of the makeup looks.
    gio recently posted … Sunday Survey- Vol 23

10. marisol says:

ooohhh I really like these colors. Very wearable indeed.
    marisol recently posted … Cruisin

11. Kim says:

This is right up my alley and actually sounds very much like my everyday make-up (minus the nude liner and foundation. And the D&G branding and expert application, of course!).