According to a recent article in Women’s Wear Daily (subscription required), eight trends will set the tone for beauty in 2009.
- High Impact Makeup Colors: Bold colors for lips, eyes and cheeks
- Budget Luxury: Getting the latest looks on the cheap
- Do It Yourself: At home waxing, hair coloring and laser hair removal
- Makeup as Jewelry: Beauty products as fashion accessories
- Bright Nail Colors: Bold nails are back
- Messy Updos and Buns: Sloppy chic
- Real Women Have Curves: Love your body
- Organic Beauty: Go green without sacrificing quality
I think all of these are pretty accurate, but I’m surprised they didn’t talk about matte makeup looks. I have a feeling matte is coming back in a big way.
Do you predict any upcoming beauty trends that aren’t listed here? What did the experts miss?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,