Hi, ladies (and gents!). Here are 21 makeup tutorials and guides showing some of my favorite application techniques.
My favorite tutorials aren’t necessarily the ones with the highest production value, aka the sharpest looking videos and pictures. I like tutorials that stand out for some reason because that helps me remember the material.
When I find a particularly helpful new makeup tutorial, I’ll copy/paste some of the pictures (or take screenshots if it’s a video, or save pics to my phone) into Word or something and print them out with notes.
A BIG thanks to the people who put these tutorials together. Keep up the great work!
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like…
- Undereye Concealer Tutorial: Raquel13 has a lot to offer (like a great smokey eye tutorial, a sultry red lip tutorial and a tutorial that shows how to tightline your eyes), including this pictorial tutorial showing how to banish those dreaded raccoon eyes. No one has to be the wiser!
- How to: An All-Day Flawless Finish: Armed with these tips, your makeup won’t give up on you before the end of the day.
- The Sophisticated Eye Look: Got a dinner date or an important meeting at work? Wear this eye look and show ’em who’s boss!
- Elegant, Dramatic Eyes: Make the kind of entrance no one forgets with the help of this show-stopping eye look.
- Natural Looking Eyeliner: Sometimes all it takes is a single finishing touch to bring an entire makeup look together.
- Eyebrow Shaping and Shading: Never struggle with angry eyebrows again with the help of this tutorial.
- A Simple Guide to Applying Red Lips: POP! This fantastic red lip how-to really breaks it down for beginners.
- Bright and Tropical Eye Tutorial: Summer’s right around the corner. Try your hand at a bright and tropical eye with the help of this tutorial.
- How to Hide Imperfections!: Let’s face it: we all have ’em, but that doesn’t mean we can’t put our best foot forward.
- An Arabic Inspired Makeup Look: I love the music introducing this tutorial! The colors are fantastic, too.
- How to Blend Your Makeup: A natural makeup look comes down to good blending and good makeup.
- Hot Purple Makeup Tutorial: This tutorial gives the lowdown on a full face and finishes with popping purple eyes!
- Day-to-Night Transition: What’s a girl to do when she wants to transform for a night on the town? Find out in this easy tutorial.
- 4th of July Makeup!: Celebrate America’s birthday with this fresh makeup look for the summer!
- A Leona Lewis Inspired Makeup Look: Give the singer some competition with this tutorial showing how to get her fresh face and beautiful doe eyes.
- A Carrie Underwood Inspired Makeup Look: Rock like Carrie with the help of this tutorial.
- Purple and Silver Eye Look: This award-winning tutorial makes dramatic purple and silver eyes come alive!
- Hayley from Paramoure Inspired Makeup Look: Here’s a fun tutorial to create the edgy punk look of Hailey from Paramoure. Rock on!
- Britney Spears (circa Toxic) Makeup Look: Be the new Queen of Pop with this hip makeup look inspired by Britney’s Toxic video.
- Avril Lavigne Punk Makeup Look: For the times when you just want to mix it up and show your wild side.
- Christina Aguilera Lady Marmalade Look: Go buck wild with this dynamic, colorful look.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. If you’re new here, thank you for visiting. Makeup and Beauty Blog is a makeup blog with daily product reviews, beauty tips, giveaways and the random shenanigans of a crazy cat lady/makeup enthusiast named Karen (that’s me!).