Well, you know what they say — mother knows best (says the girl who always argues with her mom!), and in the case of the new MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne collection for summer 2014, she even gets top billing.
I gotta be honest with you — I don’t know much about the Osbournes.
I mean, I know that Sharon has a TV talk show (I think), and I’ve seen Kelly commenting about fashion on a couple of style shows. I also know that the whole family had a reality TV show, although I never caught it.
And then there’s the whole thing about papa Ozzy, whom I know a little something about, like that he wore makeup when he performed (yay!) and, um, decapitated small winged mammals on stage (boo!).
But other than that, I was kind of in the dark about the Osbournes when I first heard about this release.
I just knew that I liked the idea of a mother-daughter MAC collection.
In fact, I actually think my mom, who is not a makeup person AT ALL (I’ve been slowly trying to show her the light…for the past 20 years), is going to really like the Sharon eye and cheek products (the collection is divided into two sub-collections with different limited edition packaging) in this post here.
Stay tuned for the Sharon lip products and Kelly half of the collection a little later today.
The MAC Sharon Osbourne Duchess Quad and Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Bountiful Brown
If you love colors like MAC Teddy Eye Kohl, or like any sort of warm reddish brown or warm orangey brown, you’re gonna love this warmish neutral eyeshadow quad with its hints of golden and reddish brown and bronze.
As for the eye pencil, Bountiful Brown, it’s off the chain! If you buff out this bronzy golden brown you get golden sparkle — but here’s the thing: it’s not new. You can get it right meow because it resides in the permanent collection.
The MAC Sharon Osbourne Mineralize Skinfinish Duo in Refresh and Powder Blush in Peaches & Cream
I would seriously consider selling my husky tabby for an entire pan of the golden pink highlighter from the Mineralize Skinfinish Duo in Refresh.
Why is barely a third of the pan the highlighter!? It is so freaking beautiful!
Hello, warm buttery sunset light dancing on your face. Talk about flattering the upper cheekbones.
I like the peachy tan side, too. On my NC42 skin, it works as a subtle bronzer, and maybe also as an all-over face powder, but if you’re lighter than I am, it could be an epic summer bronzer (think NARS Laguna-caliber, but slightly peachier with less disco shimmer).
Ironically, the blush, Peaches & Cream, doesn’t really look peachy or creamy to me. I think it looks more opalescent rose.
I like it. The faint sheen gives it a complexity and life, but the first time I wore it, I think I went a little overboard, assuming that, ya know, since Sharon Osbourne has lighter skin than I do, I’d have to use more. So I piled it on, and I didn’t realize until I looked in the rearview mirror on the way to Starbucks that I had a sh*t ton of blush on, LOL!
Note to self: keep a blush brush in the car to buff out pigmented blushes, just in case. 🙂
The MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne Sharon sub-collection includes…
- Lipglass in Pussywillow, a light neutral gold, $16.50
- Lipglass in Bijou, a soft rose, $16.50
- Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Innocent, a nude beige, $21.50
- Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Patentpink, a washed-out lilac, $21.50
- Patentpolish Lip Pencil in French Kiss, a warm caramel, $21.50
- Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Ruby, a mid-tone rose, $21.50
- Lip Pencil in Cranberry, a soft yellow pink, $16.50
- Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Bountiful Brown, a brown rinsed with bronze, $17.50
- Duchess Quad with Femme Fatale (a golden brown with a Satin finish), Embark (a dark reddish brown with a Matte finish), Sexy Eyes (a soft warm bronze with a Veluxe Pearl finish) and Sweet Eyes (a light golden nude with a Veluxe Pearl finish), $44
- Mineralize Skinfinish Duo in Refresh, a light summer peach tan and a golden pink, $33
- Powder Blush in Peach & Cream, a satin mid-tone rose, $22
- Brush in 275SE, a medium angled shading brush, $27.50
- Brush in 167SE, a face blending brush, $38.50
Available online June 2 at maccosmetics.com, at all North American MAC locations June 12, 2014 through July 10, 2014, and internationally (except China) at select MAC locations August 2014.
Based on the Sharon eye and face products here, I’m liking what this mighty mother-daughter duo has come up with. Check back later today for reviews of the Sharon lip products and the Kelly sub-collection.
The whole shebang reminds me of the relationship between moms and daughters… The Sharon and Kelly products do stand on their own, but I can also see how they’re tied together. Just like you’ll always be your own person, but you’ll also always be tied to your mom.
You can’t escape her, mwahahahahaaa!
Just kidding, Mom. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
Look, Mom! More MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne collection coverage…
- Food for Thought: 7 Lip Combos With the New MAC Sharon and Kelly Osbourne Collection
- The MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne Collection for Summer 2014: Kelly’s Lips
- The MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne Collection for Summer 2014: Kelly’s Eyes and Cheeks
- The MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne Collection for Summer 2014: Sharon’s Lips
- The MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne Collection for Summer 2014: Sharon’s Eyes & Cheeks