In typical Bay Area fashion, grey, overcast skies quickly replaced the sunny, warm weather we’d had for a few days, but I refuse to let go! I wasn’t up for this uber-red MAC look here, but I still wanted to try something bright and lively. So, this morning I gave this summery bronze and gold eye a try, featuring colors from the MAC Fafi and Laura Mercier Gold Digger collections. I first thought about going for broke with false eyelashes, too, but those will have to wait ’til next time.
Matte coral cheeks and shimmery coral lips complete the look. Now, all I need is a warm beach, a pair of flip flops and a large Jamba Juice (Orange Dream Machine, yum)!
Over the entire eye (lid, crease and brow bone)
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance to prime the lids
– MAC Vanilla Eyeshadow from the Fafi Eyes 1 Quad
– MAC Hey Eyeshadow from the Fafi Eyes 1 Quad
Lid and barely into crease
– Cream eyeshadow from Laura Mercier Bronzed Gold Eye Colour Pot
– Powder eyeshadow from Laura Mercier Bronzed Gold Eye Colour Pot
– MAC Concrete Eyeshdaow
– L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara (upper and lower)
Upper water line
– MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
Upper lash line
– MAC Graphblack Technakhol smudged with powder eyeshadow from Laura Mercier Bronzed Gold Eye Colour Pot
Lower water line
– Shu Uemura Bronzed Gold Drawing Pencil
Lower lash line
– Powder eyeshadow, layered over cream eyeshadow from Laura Mercier Bronzed Gold Eye Colour Pot
– Dior Long-Wearing Moisturizing Concealer in 430
– Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder #2
– MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation Loose
– Origins Coral Reef Brush on Color
– MAC Sublime Culture Cremestick liner
– Chanel Gazelle Glossimer lipgloss
Once again, we find ourselves face-to-face with Monday (boo!). To conquer the day ahead, I’ve got a few things planned. First, I’m having a couple of sips of an Emergen-C and fruit juice cocktail to help perk me up. Later today, after work, I plan to visit a nearby French cafe.. I’m bringing with me an issue of Us Weekly (OMG! the magazine is like crack, ya’ll) and plan to sit and read for a few minutes with some herbal tea. I’m really looking forward to that little break after work. It helps make Monday morning easier to bear.
Has your Monday morning kicked off to a great start? I hope so. What makeup look are you rocking today?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
For more fun looks like this one, sign up to receive my updates by email.