The MAC Cool Heat collection debuts today, and not even 2,500 miles of open ocean can stand in its way. Here’s a quick Hawaii-inspired face of the day with a few of the products.
On the eyes I used…
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance on the entire lid (underneath all of the other products)
- MAC Soft Brown Matte in the crease
- MAC Climate Blue Eye Shadow on the upper lash line
- MAC Warm Chill Eye Shadow on the inner corner of the eye lid
- MAC Cool Heat Eye Shadow on the lower lash line
- Chanel Inimitable Mascara in Noir Black on the upper lashes
Of the Cool Heat products I’ve used so far, Climate Blue Eyeshadow moves me the most. I love its soft texture and dark blue color.
The rest of the look…
- MAC Concrete Eye Shadow
Dark circles (yep, they came with me on vacation!)
- MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer in NW 25
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder #2
- Becca Luminous Skin Colour SPF 20 in Nut
- Becca Stick Foundation SPF 30 in Coffee
- Stila Bronzing Powder in Shade 02
- MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Spaced Out (from the Neo Sci Fi Collection)
- MAC Cremestick Liner in Pink Treat
- MAC Slimshine Lipstick in Tropic Glow
- Chanel Glossimer in Astral
These pictures were taken at Haiku Gardens, just steps away from my in-law’s house. It’s a beautiful garden with a pond (and resident turtles) and a small chapel for weddings. Haleiwa Joe’s Seafood Grill, perched on a hillside overlooking the garden, is packed every night with diners from the area. It’s also one of comedian Adam Sandler’s favorite hangouts when he visits the island.
The entire MAC Cool Heat Collection…
Eye Shadows, $14 each
Solar White (frost) - frosty muted white gold
Warming Trend (veluxe pearl) – frosty light taupe
Warm Chill (frost) – frosty seafoam green with gold pearl
Gulf Stream (frost) – frosty mid-tone blue green with green pearl
Cool Heat (frost) – frosty teal with multi-dimensional pearl
Climate Blue (velvet) – mid-tone violet blue with pink pearl
Blue Flame (veluxe pearl) – dirty metallic navy blue
Slimshine Lipsticks, $14.50 each
Tropic Glow (frost) – blue pink with silver pearl
By Degrees (frost) – neutral brown pink
Gentle Summer (frost) – light clean yellow pink with white pearl
High 90’s (frost) – clean pink orange
Swelter (frost) – sheer clean red
Scents, $22.50 each
Turquatic – notes include cedar, lotus leaves
Turquatic Heat – notes include lotus flower, jasmine, Tahitian tiare flower
If these colors appeal to you, get out there and snag your Cool Heat loot! If you’re a US resident and live near a MAC store, print and bring this coupon with you to the counter to get 15% off your purchase.
I enjoyed snorkeling at Shark’s Cove yesterday and saw lots of amazing fish. I believe I even swam with a few different schools (unless we were all just headed the same way). How academic, LOL!
I hope you a great day today! Let me know what you’re up to and if you have plans for the weekend. Are ya feelin’ the MAC Cool Heat?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Since you’re here, it’s probably safe to assume that you like MAC Cosmetics as much as I do. Have you seen my MAC Gallery? It’s a visual way to search for MAC reviews and looks on Makeup and Beauty Blog.