There’s a chill in the air this Christmas, and MAC gets all the credit. The MAC Chill collection arrives on counters this December 26, and I can’t wait!
The collection’s eyeshadows, Lipglasses, glitters and new pen eyeliner heavily feature shades of gray, pink and black.
I’m really stoked about the eyeshadows; they’re going to make some great smokey eyes.
The swatches here cover all of the products in the release except for two — Vellum eyeshadow and Naked Lipglass. I’ll got those up as soon as I can.
In the pics above and below there may also be a renegade shimmery-bronze Lipglass (#6). I’d thought I was swatching Naked (not literally, LOL!), but the shade doesn’t like a shimmmery taupe, which is how MAC had described it.
- 1. Arctic Gray: Frosty mid-gray
- 2. Apres-Ski: Matte dark brown-gray
- 3. Mont Black: Shimmery black with gold flecks
- 4. Winter Sky: Frosty neutral pink
Note: The missing shade, Vellum, is a pale white duochrome with violet shimmer.
- 5. Frozen Dream: Shimmery mid-tone pink
- 6. * See note below
- 7. Snowscene: Shimmery white with pink, purple, blue and green glitter
- 8. Icescape: Shimmery pale pink
* Note: Swatch #6 could be a mistake. I had it listed as Naked, a sheer taupe with silver pearlized pigments, but that’s obviously not the right shade.
- 9. Reflects Transparent Teal: Shimmery white and blue glitter
- 10. Reflects Antique Gold: Shimmery gold glitter
- 11. Rapidblack: Deep black matte
What I’m Lemming
These are gonna be some of my favorite MAC eyeshadows to come out in a while, and even though I haven’t seen Vellum yet, it sounds gorgeous from the description: “a pale white duochrome with violet shimmer.”
And it looks like the shades form a cohesive palette, which hopefully means lots o’ different looks.
The Lipglass in Snowscene really got my attention. It’s packed with flecks of blue, green and purple glitter and bears a striking resemblance to Chanel Glossimer in Galactic, PRETTY!
As for the new pen eyeliner, Rapidblack, I have high hopes. I’m not always a big fan of pen eyeliners because I have a tough time controlling them, but it’s new, and I can’t wait to give it a try!
Although I like the two pink Lipglass shades, neither one ignited my pink lipgloss fire, but I’m reserving final judgment until I’ve had a chance to try them on.
As for the two glitters, I know that Reflects Antique Gold had already been released before Chill (I can’t recall which collection), but they should deliver some serious POW! to nighttime and dramatic eye looks.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,