Hi, everyone! MAC is back with one of the most exciting releases of the year, the MAC x Charlotte Olympia Spring 2016 Collection, and this is one of the bigger MAC collections, too, with an emphasis on lips and accessories.
For those not familiar with the designer, Olympia is a luxury shoe and accessories designer obsessed with the bygone era of old Hollywood glamour and unafraid of a little humour.
The MAC x Charlotte Olympia collection has strong retro-glam vibes packaged in adorable printed boxes. They’re a collector’s dream come true.
There are no fewer than three different types of lip products (lipsticks, lip pigments, and pro lip liners), and all of them are in various shades of red.
You know how every now and then you’ll bump into a friend looking for their “perfect red lipstick”? Well, you should direct their attention to THIS collection, because each red is GORGEOUS, but just a little different.
My favorites from the lip selection are:
- “Retro Rouge” Matte Lipstick ($18) A gorgeous and vampy red that leaves a burgundy stain
- “Red” LipMix Pigment ($16) In-your-face rich red! So much fun!
- “He Said, She Said” Pro Longwear Lip Pencil ($21) A brick red that stays on all day
Next up are the eyes!
The eye statement is natural with flesh-toned shadows and dark brown liner and mascara. As a person who devotedly buys the “blackest black” of everything…I will admit that the dark brown looks chic and glam against the red lips.
The cream colour base is very interesting, and I loved using “Sepia” as a contour shade, not only on my eyes, but also on my nose and cheeks. They don’t dry down like a paint pot (which dry quickly and don’t budge), so you have a lot of time to blend and play.
I compared my MAC Paint Pot in “Indianwood” with “Golden Age,” thinking they were dupes, but that was not the case.
Here’s a list of everything:
- Matte Lipsticks ($18) Starlett Scarlet, Leading Lady Red, and Retro Rouge
- LipMix Pigments ($16) Red, Crimson
- Pro Lip Pencils ($21) He Said, She Said, Kiss Me Quick
- Pigment ($23) Overdressed
- Cream Colour Base ($23) Golden Age, Sepia
- Zoom Lash Mascara ($18) Lofty Brown
- Liquid Eye Liner ($22) Nearly Natural
- Studio Nail Lacquer ($13) Good Old Days, To Have or Not, Old Fashioned
- 249 Eye Shader Brush ($33)
- 204 Lash Brush ($16)
- Eyelash Curler ($23)
- Blot Film ($17)
- Mirror Compact ($13)
- Makeup Bag ($35)
Hope you enjoyed this overview of the new MAC x Charlotte Olympia collection! It’s available online now and coming soon to stores March 24th (USA).
What do you think? Does anything here get your glam going? Let me know if you have any questions or if you plan to get anything from the release.
See you in the next!