Finding cute, CHEAP accessories always puts me in a good mood. Like these leopard print shell earrings from H&M (a mere four buckaroos!) — finding them made me feel kinda like this…
The colors and print reminded me of summertime, which lead (is it lead or led?) to this peach, bronze and orange look with a mix of MAC products from Too Fabulous, Spring Colour Forecast and MAC’s permanent collection.
Lip Pencil in Mouth Off, Lipstick in Fresh Salmon, Mineralize Blush in Sun & Moon
I was shooting for something soft, with a warm brown/bronze eye, shimmery peach cheeks and a coral lip.
- Eyes: MAC Eyeshadow Soft Brown (a matte golden brown) over the entire eye, MAC Eyeshadow in Woodwinked (a warm shimmery gold) on the lid and in the inner corners, MAC Technakohl Liner in Brownborder (a creamy chocolate brown) on my upper and lower lash lines and MAC Studio Fix Lash in Black Fix (a dark black) on my upper and lower lashes.
- Lips: MAC Lip Pencil in Mouth Off (a creamy, peachy coral) and MAC Lipstick in Fresh Salmon (a shimmery pinkish orange)
- Cheeks: MAC Mineralize Blush in Sun & Moon (a shimmery brown)
This was pretty much a MAC-themed look for me today, but I’m thinking about trying it again with drugstore browns, peaches and golds.
A few drugstore alternatives…
- Eyes: Almay Intense I-Color Eye Shadow in Brown ($6.40), Boots Botanics Botanics Eye Colour Duo Rusted Cocoa ($7), Maybelline Eye Studio Color Plush Silk Eyeshadow in Give Me Gold ($10), Prestige Kohl Liner in Chocolate ($4.30), L’Oreal Carbon Black Volume Building Mascara ($7)
- Lips:Revlon ColorStay Soft Smooth Lipstick in Cozy Coral ($10)
- Cheeks: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, Blush and Eye Shadow in Waikiki Strip ($13)
Zoink! What the heck happened to Sunday? Someone must have taken it. Bastards… 🙂 Enjoy the last few hours of your weekend, and get some rest tonight. Time for this girl and her cat to watch some Burn Notice online.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,