Okay, when I started writing this post, part of me wanted to dish about my favorite products this week, the Too Faced Summer stuff and the Sunday Riley pieces I tried, but then I watched the new trailer for Prometheus…
WOW! Scary much?
I’m a sci-fi fanatic, and I grew up with the Alien movies. I think this one has the makings of a classic. Ridley Scott retaking the helm of the franchise he started more than 30 years ago? Suh-weet!
What’s new with you? How was your St. Paddy’s Day? Did you get your fish and chips on?
A few beauty posts that caught my eye…
- Some really insightful lessons learned from one bloggers’s first month of blogging — Linh’s Kitchen
- Kinda random, but I loved reading this piece (and the followup) on dating in Sweden — Swedish Love Affair
- The Essence of Passion for Fashion is blurple — Nihrida
- How does The Body Shop’s Eyeshadow Blender brush stack up? — My Weekend Ramblings
- Acute eye look with Urban Decay’s Chronic (haha!) for St. Patrick’s Day — Style By Cat
- A gorgeous guide to California’s Central Coast (road trip!) — blinking against the brightness
- OMG! Now I, too, want to paint ALL the nails! — The Nailasaurus
- How to survive Mercury in Retrograde (fyi, that’s March 12th to April 3rd!) — gala darling
- Goats continue to impress with Kate Somerville’s Goat Milk Cream — The Blossom Shed
- I think it’s time (haha!) to rekindle my love for Swatch watches — Sugar & Spice
The makeup monsters are back again this week with another beastie, this one an undead creature of insatiable appetite!
Tinted Moisturizer Mummy
Description: “It’s just not fair!” you tell yourself. Why do you always get stuck restocking the store after hours, after everyone else has gone home?
You grab another box from the stack and remove a tube of tinted moisturizer. When you took this job, it was because you loved makeup, and you wanted to share that passion with others, but this — this isn’t what you signed up for. The mall, at midnight, not another soul around, unpacking boxes of self-tanner, tinted moisturizer and vanilla shower gel?
Suddenly, a loud crash comes from the storeroom, and you jump with a start! “Hello?” you call toward the sound. “Is anyone back there?”
No answer. Something must have toppled over. You place the moisturizer next to the others on the shelf.
Again, more crashing from the storeroom, but it’s louder this time. “Who is that?” you shout. Your heart starts pounding in your chest. “This isn’t funny!” Instinctively, you reach for an eyelash curler and brazen it like a sword in front of you. “I have an eyelash curler, and I’m not afraid to use it!”
Little do you know, an ancient evil has risen from the basement beneath the storeroom tonight. Once a beloved style icon, it rises for one month every seven years to feed on tinted moisturizer, and tinted moisturizer wearers.
Armor Class: 6
Special Attacks: Mummy hug
Special Defenses: Immunity to non-magical makeup
Alignment: VERY evil
Size: Medium (5-6′ tall)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,