What is it about extra hot water that makes tea taste even better? I’ve always been more of a lukewarm morning beverage girl, but I’ve been turning up the temperature of my tea and coffee this week, and now the hotter, the better. Piping hot. I love the sensation of it traveling through my body and heating up my tum.
Not much planned for today. If my back feels up to it — it’s still a little sore from yoga yesterday — I’m gonna try a slow run on the treadmill in a little while. That way I can eat with reckless abandon later today if El Hub and I go Off the Grid again for lunch. Thereâ€™s a cupcake truck that I missed last week, and I will not allow that to happen again.
Tonight’s also a new episode of Downton Abbey, yay! Did you watch last week’s ep? Wasn’t it intense?? I feel like the characters have lost their frickin’ minds, and I love it. Can’t wait for the season finale tonight.
A few beauty posts that caught my eye…
- Tigers get turned on by CK Obsession at the London Zoo (what the what!?) — Addicted to Beauty
- MAC Prep + Prime Vibrancy Eye Primer Review, Photos & Swatches — Beautezine
- The best kind of distraction: Chanel Distraction 549 Le Vernis — The Beauty Look Book
- Lessons learned after almost six years of perfume blogging — The Non-Blonde
- An interesting look at a MAC Masterclass with Pablo Rodriguez, London Fashion Week — Vex in the City
- Crazy about leopard print? Um, YES! As a matter of fact, I am — Swedish Love Affair
- What a fantastical green! That it’s called Dragon makes perfect sense — The Nailasaurus
- Pretty, pretty colors! — heading down the runway at the Milly F/W 2012 show — Keiko Lynn
- It’s official: I need to try plummy Inglot Eyeshadow Pearl 446 — My Weekend Ramblings
- Confused by La Roche-Posay? Here’s what to use for your skin type — Beaut.ie
MAKEUP MONSTER: STENCH DRAGON
DESCRIPTION: Stench Dragons are a subcategory of dragons that spend much of their time stalking perfumeries and fragrance counters. Powerfully stinky, they tend to be aloof, solitary and self-centered. Their motto is, “It’s all about me.”
ARMOR CLASS: 8
SPECIAL ATTACKS: Like a fine cheese, Stench Dragons become more powerfully pungent as they age. They are attracted to strong fragrances, which they attempt to overpower with their awful dragon breath.
SPECIAL DEFENSES: Fragrance resistance; aura of repulsive stench
ALIGNMENT: Chaotic neutral (naughty)
SIZE: Medium (6′ long)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,