Rise and shine, morning glory. I hope you slept well. Did you have any dreams? Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about dreaming big and told a friend of mine who’s very accomplished and encouraging about things like that. She says that people should reach beyond the stars! — even for things that seem totally outrageous and impossible — because when it comes to those dreams, in the process of reaching for the stars, you never you know where you’ll land.
Here are a couple of the things I’ve been dreaming about lately (please tell me yours in the comments).
The Cannes Film Festival For some unknown reason, I’ve become super obsessed with the idea of going to the Cannes Film Festival in France someday. Now, to attend, you’re supposed to have ties to the movie industry, which I don’t, so I have no idea how I’d ever actually get my foot in the door, but I’m trying to figure it out. I love movies, and I think it would be a blast to go.
Makeup school Also related to movies, I came across a school called Cinema Secrets through a video by Melissa Street, a movie makeup artist who’s been in the biz for 20 plus years. In it she talks about the school’s overall makeup curriculum, as well as their expertise in special effects. Now, the school’s in LA, so for me it wouldn’t exactly be a quick commute. The course I’m interested in taking is also six weeks long, so it’s still just a dream, but hey, you never know…
Have you taken the time to dream big lately? What are some of the things you’d love to do if you had absolutely no restrictions in the world?
A few beauty posts that caught my eye…
- A movie makeup artist explains how she got started — Epic Makeup
- I kinda want to wear black lipstick thanks to this post — Jazzi McG
- Create big, luscious doll lashes with this step-by-step tutorial — Beautezine
- 3 key things a blogger should do in their free time — Sherry Blossom Beauty
- Kelly checks out the new MAC Mineralize Skincare Charged Water line — Vampy Varnish
- The font freak in me loves this mani — We Heart This
- If you’re feeling kinda crafty this weekend, there’s this super cool Crayon DIY project that I’ve been dying to do — Whatever…
- The 100 best books of all time, according to Wikipedia — Wikipedia
- DIY Beauty: Make Your Own Cream Eyeshadow — Beautiful with Brains
- Have you ever tried anything from Rain Cosmetics? — Beauty in New York City
MAKEUP MONSTER: FOUNDATION FIRBOLG
ARMOR CLASS: 10
SPECIAL ATTACKS: Foundation Firbolgs are a sub-species of Hill Giants obsessed with wiping all foundation off the faces of the earth.
Wielding giant foundation brushes they fashion from tree trunks and Griffin fur and using their keen sense of smell, they patrol remote mountain passes and strip mall parking lots, hunting for foundation wearers. When they find them, Foundation Firbolgs use their giant brushes to wipe away all traces of foundation before releasing their victims, in most cases unharmed.
SPECIAL DEFENSES: Nil
SIZE: Huge (13′ tall)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,