Another day, another Trader Joe’s shout-out.
Whatever, dude. I’m there a lot… What can I say?
Aren’t these petite pumpkins cuuuute? My first thought was, “Can I eat these bad boys??” But I don’t think so. I think they’re just for display.
My second thought was, “Ooh! Good colors for a makeup look.” 🙂 Maybe a creamy, satiny reddish orange lip with thick winged liner in a blackened greenish brown with a hint of greenish gold. Or maybe an ombre liner that goes from greenish gold in the inner corner to blackened greenish brown toward the outer wing?
And what about the cheeks? Maybe an orange blush? But that might be orange overkill… I don’t know. I’d have to see the lips and liner first.
Hmm, giving myself ideas…
The light orange on the left isn’t rich enough, obvs, but I could probably figure out a way to work it in. Maybe as a cream blush?
What do you think I should do for the lips? MAC Chili? Tom Ford Flame, Cristiano, Wild Ginger? NARS Lana?
While you ponder that, here are some of the beauty stories that got me thinkin’ this week.
- My favorite part of this story about cult face cream La Mer is when Max Huber, the guy who invented it, puts the cream in his eye.
Not on his eyelid, but, like IN HIS EYE.
- Stock photography supplier Getty Images bans pictures that have been Photoshopped to make the models look thinner or better endowed, but really, they only go halfway, because they *still* accept pics with digital changes to hair color, skin (like with blemishes and wrinkles removed) and facial shape (like nose slimming, for example).
- How to decode a beauty/skin care product label
- I was moved by this blog post on change and have been thinking about this quote all week long: “The change today means a goodbye, but it also means a hello…”
- The global skin-lightening biz is booming…and that bums me out, man.
- What does hypoallergenic really mean?
- More evidence that Estée Lauder is basically running sh*t in the cosmetics industry: shares of the company have surged 27.4% in the last six months.
- This article is kinda dry and technical, but I think it’s well worth a read for the info on the Personal Care Products Safety Act and the Cosmetic Modernization Amendments of 2017, which could impact beauty product safety in the United States.
- The tech that went into the NYX app.
- A mom uses her kids as lookouts while she steals makeup…
- Wise words from Rose-Marie Swift, the founder of RMS Beauty: “My one advice is to not live in your ego. When you think you know everything you already have lost. I have been in the industry for over 30 some years if not more and I still am learning things every day. Never close off your thinking to new ideas, techniques and opportunities that may be given to you.”
OK, who’s ready to go to Starbucks with me? 🙂
I can also swing by Peet’s too. But I refuse to go to Blue Bottle. It’s so good, but the one time I went, I was up for three days.
Have a great weekend, my friend. Try to get in some rest if you can.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,