Hey, lady! How’s it going today? What are you up to? I’ve been up for a while but just not in front of the computer (for a change). Tabs was actually using it to write another email to MAC. He still hasn’t heard back from the company.
The stress of potential litigation is getting to him, too, because he’s been acting out lately. Dang cat has even taken to BITING THE CRAP OUT OF ME in frustration. It’s how he got me out of bed this morning — with a series of bites to my chin. I hope both parties settle out of court soon…
Did ya do anything fun last night? The highlight of my evening was the cup of coconut frozen yogurt (topped with blueberries and strawberries) that I ate for dinner while watching the most recent Project Runway online. No spoilers (the comments, however, are fair game), but what did you think of the dresses by Michael C. and Mondo?
And speaking of the show, haven’t the contestants been cranky this season? Seems like their claws are always out, and it’s flat-out getting on my nerves.
Anywho, right now I’m getting ready to head into San Francisco to see Dreamgirls with El Hub. The boy asked me totally out of the blue last week. I know, right? I’m shocked (but delighted)! I haven’t been to a musical in years, and I must say I’m really looking forward to it.
Before I go, can you catch some e-waves with me? Come on, the water looks perfect!
Random Bright Spots
- Get better looking foundation — Bellasugar
- Do natural skin remedies really work? — The Beauty Brains
- Cult fave Rosebud Salve has a new lipbalm — We Heart This
- How to look cute after a workout — Allure Beauty Reporter Blog
- Affordable Milani dupes for Chanel nail polishes — Steph’s Closet
- A sneak peek at China Glaze holiday 2010 colors — All Lacquered Up
- More and more dudes are wearing makeup (?) — New York Times
- 3 tips for cleaning your makeup brushes — Refinery 29
- 5 simple ways to conserve your makeup — Shine
- Are “treggings” the new “jeggings”? — The Frisky
New in Beauty
- Lancome’s new nude Aquatique eye primer ($24.50) is NOT afraid of the water
- For every Sephora Collection BCA Edition palette sold ($15, includes eight eye shadows, four lipglosses and a blush), Sephora will donate $1 to The Breaast Cancer Research Foundation
- Shiseido says their new Natural Finish Cream Concealer ($25) offers full coverage and a flawless finish
- I’m on an exfoliating kick right now and sooo want to try Dior’s new Instant Gentle Exfoliant with Pure Lily Extract ($38)
- Jean Paul Gaultier Extrait Eau de Parfum ($74) has rich, concentrated notes of orange blossom and rose
- The Laura Mercier Color Wardrobe ($98) looks AWESOME!
- Trish McEvoy Beauty Emergency Card for Eyes ($38) comes with eight shadows in neutral shades
- More for fellow neutral eyeshadow fans: The Stila Natural Beauty Eye Shadow Palette ($22)
- Urban Decay packed their 24/7 Jackpot ($39) eyeliiner set with nine travel-sized 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils and a full-sized pencil in Zero
Simply put, this song makes me
Enjoy the rest of your day, boo-boo!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,