Praise ye makeup gods! It’s the weekend, at last.
How’s it going today? As you can tell I got off to a pretty late start this morning, but I felt like I just needed to chill, ya know? El Hub and I went out for coffee and breakfast burritos to this cafe up here called Dr. Insomnia’s. The place has a cool biker feel to it and lots of big, beefy dudes ordering turbo charged coffees with multiple espresso shots (I just got a latte). Of course, then when we got home Tabs insisted on taking advantage of my caffeine buzz with some high-intensity playtime. Next thing I knew, it was noon!
Eh, I guess that’s the kind of stuff Saturday mornings are for, right?
That and e-surfing.
Random bright spots
- Mixing tips for bright clothes — College Fashion
- 5 tips to look hot in photos — Daily Beauty Reporter Blog
- No matter how much he begs, Tabs is NOT getting one of these $500 cat outfits — The Cut
- 5 easy summer hairstyles — Refinery 29
- Lippman goes GIGANTIC with nail glitter for fall — Vampy Varnish
- What a great list of drugstore beauty gems! — Lovely Android
- MAC Naughty Lash and the case of the pretty purple eye… — MissChievous
- Get beautiful brows while giving to a good cause — Product Girl
- LORAC for $9? Yes, please! — Makeup Bag
- You know me and neutrals, right? Check out the Guerlain 93 Rue de Passy palette — The Non-Blonde
- WOW! How pigmented is this NYX Super Fat Marker? — Cosmetic Candy
- Get a handle on frizzy hair with help from these tips — Life of a Ladybug
- I’m on the lookout for the Mad Men nail polish line — The Frisky
- I’m REALLY looking forward to some of these fall fashion trends — Who What Wear
New in beauty
- Each time Josie Maran sells a tube of their new GOGO Instant Natural Volume Argan Mascara ($22), the company will donate one mascara to a cancer patient/survivor
- Also from Josie Maran — the Argan Eye Love You Eye Shadow Palette ($42) comes with eight velvety soft shadows infused with pure argan oil
- Make Up For Ever says they packed 50% more pigment into their Rouge Artist Intense lipsticks ($19) for richer colors with a single stroke
- Smashbox Photo Finish Luminizing Foundation Primer ($38) delivers luminous skin while filling in fine lines and pores
- LUST! Doesn’t Givenchy’s Le Prisme Blush in Blooming ($49) look like a work of art?
- Also from Givenchy — the Le Prisme Eyeshadow Quartets ($56) and Le Prisme Visage Blooming face powders ($49)
- YSL’s Teint Radiance foundation ($48) with SPF 20 and light diffusers, for skin that glows, but doesn’t burn
- Be like a rhinestone cowgirl with Make Up For Ever’s new Strass crystals ($20)
- COOL! These Make Up For Ever Aquarelles ($20) look incredibly pigmented and have a water-based formula for face and body
- Stila’s Pretty in Paris Travel Palette ($10), the second in a five-part series of collectibles, is on sale now at Sephora
- Also from Stila — their Custom Color Blush is the “first-ever pH-based powder.” The company says it takes the guesswork out of picking your perfect shade ($20)
- Still more from Stila — Long Wear Liquid Lip Color ($22), Long Wear Lip Liner ($18) and Glamoureyes Mascara ($22)
- The limited edition Korres Vitamin E 10-Color Eye Pencil Kit ($33) looks like a lot of fun
- Tarina Tarantino now has nail polishes! Say hi to the Supernova Nail Lacquers ($12)
- Philosophy Eternal Grace ($40) combines delicate floral notes with bright citrus, yum!
- Perfect Formula says their new nail products ($24-29) will strengthen and treat damaged nails
- Murad launches Clean Scene ($16-24) for a new approach to skincare
- Laura Mercier introduces two new scents that star amber: Amber Passion Velvet Eau de Parfum ($75) and Ambre Passion Elixer ($125)
- Philosophy’s The Supernatural Windows to the Soul Eyeshadow Palette ($30) features three mineral powder eyesadows and a long-wearing wet-to-dry powder liner
- Clarins Magic Colour Instant Blush ($26) enhances cheekbones by instantly boosting their natural color and glow
- OOH! I really like the packaging for these new Clarins Rouge Prodige Lipsticks ($24)
Missy Elliott’s one of my hip-hop heroes
For the water babies…
What your cats are *really* saying
Have a great Saturday!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,