Pink tie tabby
Oh, how I love that first sip of coffee on a Saturday morning… I’m convinced something magical happens to coffee when it’s brewed on the weekends because it tastes so much better than it does on Monday. 🙂
Today’s java needs to power me through a bunch of housework and homework (an assignment for that photography class I’m taking at the community center), and I’m hoping to get everything done early so I have some time to play with makeup and enjoy the sunny day outside.
What are you up to? Got anything fun lined up today?
I don’t know about you, but I like to start my weekends with coffee/tea and web surfing. Care to come with? Last one in the water is a rotten egg!
Random bright spots
- MAC to release a Wonder Woman collection next spring (I personally would have preferred Storm) — Bellasugar
- The Teletubbies came up with this idea first — Refinery29
- MAC makeup artist Keri B shows how to work pigments like a pro (P.S. Keri’s also a fellow cat lady!) — maccosmetics.com
- Three new tricks to try with black eyeliner — Allure Daily Beauty Reporter Blog
- 30 modern spins on Mad Men style — The Cut
- Speaking of Mad Men, Joan Holloway has been doing a lot for curves and confidence — Divine Caroline
- How to do a gradation manicure (where the polish fades down the nail) — All Lacquered Up
- How to cure an itchy scalp — The Beauty Brain
- Take it from Nubar: life is a _____, old chum! — The Irish Beauty Blog
- Gio gives us three natural ways to treat dark circles — Beautiful with Brains
- A lotion designed to prevent ingrown hairs? — The Daily Obsession
- 10 reasons to always keep your camera close — Unplugged
- Nicole Richie says, “I’ll be your gypsy,” launches a new line of bohemian footwear — Sicka Than Average
New in beauty
- LUST! The Smashbox Masquerade collection for fall ($19-35)
- Just in case you need a gallon of massage oil…
- Temptu, a line known for their airbrush foundation, has a new Under Eye Concealer ($28)
- This Kat Von D Adora Traincase ($150): tasteful or tacky?
- Kiehl’s says their Cross-Terrain UV Skin Protector SPF 15 ($26) is water-, sweat- and wind-resistant (that’s a lotta dashes!)
- Yves Saint Laurent’s new Manicure Couture Duos ($30) surely cost less than a couture gown
- Don’t these Paula Dorf Perfect Color sticks for eyes, lips and cheeks ($32) look a lot like NARS multiples?
- Sally Hansen’s Nail Nutrition Green Tea & Olive Leaf Nail Growth ($8) promises stronger nails in seven days
- What do you think of YSL’s fall collection ($35-65)?
Cat yawnin’, cat yawnin’, cat yawnin’…
In case you were dying to know more about the Double Rainbow dude
I’ve been listening to a LOT of Duran Duran lately…
Happy Saturday. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,