Pink tie tabby
Oh, how I love that first sip of coffee on a Saturday morning… I’m convinced something magical happens to coffee when it’s brewed on the weekends because it tastes so much better than it does on Monday.
Today’s java needs to power me through a bunch of housework and homework (an assignment for that photography class I’m taking at the community center), and I’m hoping to get everything done early so I have some time to play with makeup and enjoy the sunny day outside.
What are you up to? Got anything fun lined up today?
I don’t know about you, but I like to start my weekends with coffee/tea and web surfing. Care to come with? Last one in the water is a rotten egg!
Random bright spots
- MAC to release a Wonder Woman collection next spring (I personally would have preferred Storm) — Bellasugar
- The Teletubbies came up with this idea first — Refinery29
- MAC makeup artist Keri B shows how to work pigments like a pro (P.S. Keri’s also a fellow cat lady!) — maccosmetics.com
- Three new tricks to try with black eyeliner — Allure Daily Beauty Reporter Blog
- 30 modern spins on Mad Men style — The Cut
- Speaking of Mad Men, Joan Holloway has been doing a lot for curves and confidence — Divine Caroline
- How to do a gradation manicure (where the polish fades down the nail) — All Lacquered Up
- How to cure an itchy scalp — The Beauty Brain
- Take it from Nubar: life is a _____, old chum! — The Irish Beauty Blog
- Gio gives us three natural ways to treat dark circles — Beautiful with Brains
- A lotion designed to prevent ingrown hairs? — The Daily Obsession
- 10 reasons to always keep your camera close — Unplugged
- Nicole Richie says, “I’ll be your gypsy,” launches a new line of bohemian footwear — Sicka Than Average
New in beauty
- LUST! The Smashbox Masquerade collection for fall ($19-35)
- Just in case you need a gallon of massage oil…
- Temptu, a line known for their airbrush foundation, has a new Under Eye Concealer ($28)
- This Kat Von D Adora Traincase ($150): tasteful or tacky?
- Kiehl’s says their Cross-Terrain UV Skin Protector SPF 15 ($26) is water-, sweat- and wind-resistant (that’s a lotta dashes!)
- Yves Saint Laurent’s new Manicure Couture Duos ($30) surely cost less than a couture gown
- Don’t these Paula Dorf Perfect Color sticks for eyes, lips and cheeks ($32) look a lot like NARS multiples?
- Sally Hansen’s Nail Nutrition Green Tea & Olive Leaf Nail Growth ($8) promises stronger nails in seven days
- What do you think of YSL’s fall collection ($35-65)?
Cat yawnin’, cat yawnin’, cat yawnin’…
In case you were dying to know more about the Double Rainbow dude
I’ve been listening to a LOT of Duran Duran lately…
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,