Greetings from WordCamp San Francisco, ladies. I’ve had about eight cups of coffee (it was free), and I’m feelin’ WHEE! Has your coffee or tea kicked in yet?
WordCamp is a one-day conference for people who use the software I use for Makeup and Beauty Blog. They talk about plugins, which are little programs that add new features; security; search engine optimization and then load you up on swag like buttons and stickers.
I’ve got my laptop here in the conference room. Weird… I’m actually using WordPress at WordCamp.
How are things with you? The surf patrol reports some nice breaks. Care to catch a few waves with me?
Random bright spots
- What a cool slideshow on bridal beauty throughout the ages — BellaSugar
- SATC released a third promo poster, and it’s a PHOTOSHOP OF HORRORS! — Pink is the New Blog
- Can you eat your way to clearer skin? — StyleCaster
- Should you keep lipstick in the fridge? — The Beauty Brains
- How to dress for date night — Jezebel
- Om nom nom… Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment is making my tummy rumble — Temptalia
- Methinks I should try GloMinerals Face Primer — The Fashionable Housewife
- Cute geek t-shirts for girls — Soof the Geek
- Get a Carolina Herrara runway-inspired hairpiece at home — Alex the Hungry Ghost
- I found this article on contributing writing to blogs and magazine helpful — Independent Fashion Bloggers
New in beauty
- Do you prefer polka dots or stripes? What do ya think about these new makeup bags from Kate Spade ($125 each)
- Laura Mercier’s Flawless Skin Daily Face Sheild ($45) offers broad-spectrum sun protection and oil control
- Do you like the colors in Guerlain’s Meteorites Summer Collection eyeshadow palette ($59)?
- How do you feel about neutrals? The Smashbox Eye Shadow Quad offers four powder shadows in taupe, ivory, soft peach and chocolate brownâ€¦ and it’s only $6!
- New primers from NARS: Skin Smoothing Face Prep ($30) and Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base ($24)
- WARNING: You might fall in love with the Tom Ford Private Blend Lip Colour Lipsticks ($45) after your first look
- LOVE the colors in Becca’s Bombora Palette ($65)
- Cargo’s Get Wet Kit ($39) comes with the line’s bestselling water-resistant products, as well as three new waterproof eye pencils
- More from Cargo: The Swimmables Waterproof Pencil Collection ($18) comes with five smudge-proof cream-to-powder liners in blue, purple and green
I wish Tabs would let me haul him around like this…
Do you know the words to this song?
Hope your weekend got off to a good start. I just got a text from Tabs… He said to be sure to tell everyone “hi.”
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,