You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”
Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past eight (!) years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- What are three things on your bucket list?
1) Start an all-girl rock band, 2) learn how to make jewelry (“She’s making jewelry now…”), and 3) do karaoke at least once in each of the 50 states.
- Is it ever OK to snoop through someone’s email?
Ooh, I have mixed feelings about this… OK, on the one hand, I would never ever want somebody to go sifting through my private emails, but on the other hand, now that I’m a parent, I can see why some people snoop through their child’s emails, because I’m so freaked out — SO FREAKED OUT! — about how I’m going to handle, like, online technology when Connor gets older. Oh boy, that’s a different conversation entirely. Soooo, I guess my answer is “I don’t know.”
I’m gonna leave it at that.
- It’s your wedding day! You have to pick one or the other: would you rather lose a front tooth right before the ceremony, or wear a Lady Gaga meat wedding dress?
Well, both options are completely disgusting, thank you very much.
Just thinking of that meat dress on my skin…
BLUH. Makes me throw up in my mouth a little!
But I would also hate to lose a front tooth… I like my teeth (thanks for the braces, Mom), so… Ugh! I guess I’d go with the wedding day meat dress, despite how utterly disgusting it is.
- Do you use color correctors on a daily basis?
Hmm… How do I answer this? Well, I don’t use a product that’s traditionally billed as a color corrector, but I do use a peach-toned concealer in my under eye-area to cancel out the purple. So…yeah, I do.
- Ocean, river, lake or swimming pool?
Hard choice because I love all bodies of water. I mean, if there’s a clean, swimmable body of water somewhere, I’m the first person to jump in.
Normally, I’d go with the ocean (so I could go surfing), but swimming pools are also nice, especially right now, because I don’t want to put in too much work, LOL! I just want to float around with a couple of water noodles and chill out.
Your turn. 🙂 Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em!
1. What are three things on your bucket list?
2. Is it ever OK to snoop through someone’s email?
3. Would you rather wear a lady gaga meat dress to your wedding or lose a front tooth on your wedding day?
4. Do you use color correctors on a daily basis?
5. Ocean, river, lake or swimming pool?
What do you do when it’s just Monday, and you ALREADY feel overwhelmed with all of the stuff you have to do that week?
You sit up straight, take a few deep breaths (Deep breathing helps… No, really, it does!), and put one foot in front of the other. Just take it step by step. That’s all you can do.
Aaaand, that’s what I’m telling myself right now because my to-do list is about a mile long, and I feel thoroughly daunted.
We can do this, though. I’ll stay calm if you do.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,