You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”
Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past NINE (!) years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine. 🙂
Lists within a list! Thought we’d try something a little different today…
List three pieces of makeup you used this morning
- Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done (no, seriously — SO obsessed)
- MAC Pro Longwear Waterproof Colourstick in Tabby (um…best name EVER)
- It Cosmetics Tightline Mascara (LOVE it for lower lashes)
List three things you’d do if you had three full days to yourself in Paris
- Eat ALL OF THE CARBS with reckless abandon (and then burn them off walking all over the city)
- I’d also wake up early to get a jump on my day wandering through shops and neighborhoods with my camera and my curiosity. 🙂
- Buy a perfume (one I couldn’t by in the U.S.) to remind myself of the trip
Speaking of perfumes…list three perfumes that you currently wear (or wore at one time)
- YSL Yves Saint Laurent Paris — My first “grownup” perfume. I wore it all through my senior year in high school.
- Byredo Gypsy Water — Current go-to favorite for the last couple years
- Clinique Happy — This one reminds me of my first job out of college tutoring 5-12 year olds in math and reading.
Three things that drive you absolutely nuts
- By no means am I a grammar guru, because I know I make mistakes ALL THE TIME, but when I go on social media and see people who seemingly don’t care that there’s a difference between which/witch (OMG!), they’re/their and you’re/your, I want to bite down on my fist.
- Grown-@ss adults who cut in line. Like, really?
- Core exercises…but that’s mostly because I have no core muscles, LOL!
Three small joys for which you’re grateful
- Moisturizer — My skin is hella dry, yo!
- Water bottles — Otherwise, I’d just be walking around thirsty all day long.
- This song by Charli XCX, which is currently stuck in my head…
Good morning, sunshine! Here, I brought you a treat, ’cause it’s Monday, and Mondays are good days for treats. *hands you a chocolate croissant* How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun?
I stuck close to home because after the trip to Tahoe last week, I wanted to just chill in my cave in my PJs.
Isn’t that funny about vacation? When you get back from a trip, all you want to do is relax and recover from the trip? (I’ve found that this is doubly true when you travel with a baby.)
It’s gonna be a hot one here today, so I’m trying to get as much done as I can done before noon.
Here’s a funny thing about living in the Bay Area: It usually gets really, really hot here in early fall. Today is supposed to be one of the hottest days of the year (100 degrees, OMG!), and we don’t have air conditioning, so if you need me…I’ll be sitting a foot away from a very large fan with a Starbucks Pink Drink in my hand.
Have a good one, my friend. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,