You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past six years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Do you have a diary?
GURL, I do, and now that I think about it, I kindasorta wish that my ramblings were more profound, because I use my diary mostly to vent, and the venting gets repetitive…
If my memoirs are ever published (ha!), it’ll have large sections about lame boys I dated, about how I’m always exhausted, about the many times I’ve felt sad or overwhelmed and frustrated with my job.
- Best makeup lighting in your house?
From dawn till about 2, it’s in my office, where the windows face east, so the light streams in and I get lovely, buttery morning sunlight.
In the afternoon, it’s the rooms on the other side of the house, like my bedroom and the living room downstairs, so I’ll haul my brushes, cameras and other makeup stuff over there every afternoon.
- Which do you wear more often, lipstick or gloss?
Gloss, fo’ sho! I almost always have at least 5-6 tubes of nude gloss in my purse, like some kind of makeup nomad, haha!
I prefer nude glosses because they go with everything, and I can put them on in the car without having to think too hard.
- With whom do you talk the most about makeup offline?
Um…whoever happens to be standing next to me at a makeup counter? LOL! I bumped into a gal at the EstÃ©e Lauder counter last week, and no joke, we talked about blushes for 15 minutes.
Whatever, I’m chatty. 🙂
- Does the color of a room affect your mood?
Oh, for sure. I can’t function in rooms with crazy-@ss colors on the walls. I mean, I love the idea of bold wall paints, like deep blues and reds for dining rooms, but for me it’s so distracting in practice.
I don’t know… I think I need soothing, peaceful wall colors at home.
- Do you have any plants around you at work?
Catnip! — and tons of it. As you can probably imagine, it’s part of the corporate culture here at Tabs the Cat Industries, LLC. 🙂
- Are there any shadows you love except for the fallout?
Oh, my gosh. So many. But you know, just tap to remove the excess from your brush. Most of the time that does the trick.
Off the top of my head, I can think of some glittery Urban Decay and Too Faced colors, and a handful of colors from MAC.
- How do you feel about nude nail polish?
I think they can look super cool with glitter on top; otherwise, meh. I figure, if I’m going to wear nail polish, it might as well be something I can see.
Gimme jewel tones any day of the week!
- If you could be invisible for 2 hours, what would you do?
I’d sneak into the MAC or Chanel offices and do some investigating, heh. Or maybe I’d sneak into RyGos home and peek in all of his medicine cabinets. Or I’d take a long uninterrupted nap. Hard to decide.
- What’s your current favorite face product?
Kate Somerville’s Anti-Bac Clearing Lotion has been a godsend. The active ingredient, benzoyl peroxide, isn’t new by any means, but it has completely changed my skin. Ever since I started using it along with Skinceuticals CE Ferulic, no more painful pimples around my chin.
I just love the stuff and can’t live without it.
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em! 🙂
1. Do you have a diary?
2. Best makeup lighting in your house?
3. Which do you wear more often, lipstick or gloss?
4. With whom do you talk the most about makeup offline?
5. Does the color of a room affect your mood?
6. Do you have any plants around you at work?
7. Are there any shadows you love except for the fallout?
8. How do you feel about nude nail polish?
9. If you could be invisible for 2 hours, what would you do?
10. What’s your current favorite face product?
Ugh, I already feel like I’m getting off to a late start. I kind of hate it when that happens…
Oh, well. Nothing to it but to do it! 🙂 Let me know how you’re doing today.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,