You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past six years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- What makeup brand has the prettiest packaging?
I really like Hourglass. I just think they’re sleek and modern. I love the shape of their compacts and glosses, and the lipstick cases — the design of the lipstick cases. Oh, I also love their logo.
I like Burberry, too, for similar reasons.
I also have to throw in one more — Benefit. They’re always so quirky and fun, and you just never know what they’ll come up with.
- Do you ever travel for business?
I do. They’re usually whirlwind trips, though, like fly in, fly out. Not a lot of time to play.
- What accessories are you wearing (jewelry, hats, scarves, belts, anything else)?
My wedding ring, my engagement ring, a dainty pair of diamond-stud earrings that I got for my birthday, and a silver plumeria pendant necklace.
- What’s the wackiest piece of clothing you own?
Oh, boy! I have this crazy black and white faux fur crop-top jacket from bebe that I got back in 2001, I think, and I can’t bring myself to get rid of it.
It’s freaking nuts! When I wear it, I look like a missing member of the Village People, but I absolutely love it.
- How often do you do eye looks involving more than one eyeshadow?
Pretty often. I’d say 4-5 times a week.
- Is there any kind of nail polish you won’t wear (textured, glitter, matte, other)?
Well, with my fingernails, it’s basically a free-for-all, but I don’t like textured polishes on my toes. It freaks me out for some reason.
- Who’s your favorite artist (visual, music or other)?
I don’t know if I can answer this one in less than 200 words, but rattled off the top of my head, The Beatles, Madonna, Bonnie Raitt, Matisse, Monet, Renoir.
I could go on…
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
Leaving home for college was pretty tough because I didn’t have any friends with me — any close friends — and I lived a very sheltered life through childhood and my teenage years. I didn’t have my support structure.
- Have you ever done an ombre lip?
Yup, all the time. I like ’em subtle. I do them a lot with darker berries into reds.
- On a scale of 1-10, what’s your personal makeup style (1 being no-makeup makeup, 10 being full-on divalicious drag queen)?
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em!
1. What makeup brand has the prettiest packaging?
2. Do you ever travel for business?
3. What accessories are you wearing (jewelry, hats, scarves, belts, anything else)?
4. What’s the wackiest piece of clothing you own?
5. How often do you do eye looks involving more than one eyeshadow?
6. Is there any kind of nail polish you won’t wear (textured, glitter, matte, other)?
7. Who’s your favorite artist (visual, music or other)?
8. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
9. Have you ever done an ombre lip?
10. On a scale of 1-10, what’s your personal makeup style (1 being no-makeup makeup, 10 being full-on divalicious drag queen)?
Rise and shine, morning glory! It’s gonna be a wonderful day.
I got to relax a little on Saturday, which was glorious. Watched some TV, Tivo’d a bunch of Million Dollar Listing L.A. episodes on Bravo, went to the mall and met my friend Courtney, who works as a makeup artist for YSL, and got my makeup done. She did a sparkly gold, brown and khaki smoky eye (of course, I forgot to take a picture) and picked up a foundation from YSL I’ve been meaning to try, Le Teint Touche Ã‰clat.
I’ve heard good things about it, and I liked how it felt on my skin. Actually, it didn’t really feel like anything at all, which is good.
We’ll see… I’ll keep you posted. Fingers crossed that it works as well as I’ve heard.
In other news, have a good one today. Let me know how you’re doing in the comments.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Did you watch The Walking Dead?? What’d you think?