You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”
Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Mountains or ocean?
I love both for different reasons, but I’m a water baby at heart. I’ll take the ocean — ideally warm, tropical oceans with gentle, rolling waves and clear teal blue waters…
I feel at home by the sea.
- In my opinion, if you want to be successful at something, you have to be __________.
- Persistent and unafraid to make a complete fool out of yourself (sometimes)
- Willing to set aside your ego
- Willing to try new things and let go of the past
- I think it also helps to be likable, since it usually takes a lot of people up in the mix to be successful at something…unless you live by cutthroat rules, but in my experience, people like to hire/work with people who can not only get the job done, but are also polite, friendly people who would be fun to hang out with.
- Places where you feel safe?
- In my bed at home
- The living room at my parents’ house in Union City
- In quiet, air-conditioned libraries with big windows (no idea why)
- What’s your stance on wearing rhinestones on your face?
If you’re into it, why the heck not? I went through a phase in the ‘90s when I desperately wanted to be Gwen Stefani and wore them all the time, even to class, LOL!
Granted, I probably looked ridiculous, but who cares? I had fun. 🙂
- Have you ever had your tarot cards read?
I have not, but I’d like to someday. It sounds very interesting!
Your turn. 🙂 Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em!
1. Mountains or ocean?
2. If you want to be successful at something, you have to be __________.
3. Places where you feel safe?
4. What’s your stance on wearing rhinestones on your face?
5. Have you ever had your tarot cards read?
Good morning, sweet girl (or boy)! I hope you slept well. It’s a quiet, still morning here in Novato…one of those mornings that you know is going to be an epically, scorchingly hot day, haha!
We’re in the midst of a record-setting heatwave here in the Bay Area with temps around 100 degrees, and when your place doesn’t have air conditioning, well…you gotta get as much work done as possible by about 2 p.m., because after that, the heat is unbearable.
Yesterday El Hub and I took refuge at the mall. We hit up the Chipotle in San Rafael (“Guacamole is extra.”), and then watched that new Jason Bateman thriller called The Gift.
Oh, my gosh — SO good. And so many plot twists. I may or may not have screamed, “AHHHHHHHHHH!” at the top of my lungs during one of the startling scenes (El Hub yelled, “OH, SH*T!”). Yes, we are those people, LOL!
Enjoy the rest of your Monday, and have a peaceful week. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,