You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- What was the last dish you cooked/prepared?
Last night I made a Thai-themed tomato and coconut curry with shrimp, and it wasn’t half bad, if I do say so myself.
- What level of coverage do you prefer when it comes to your face makeup products?
For regular, run-o’-the-mill days, I like light coverage. Tinted moisturizers, or thereabouts, with a light dusting of translucent powder.
But when I’m going to be taking pics for the blog or getting ready for a special event (say, something fancier than Trader Joe’s or Petco for Tabs), I usually wear a full-coverage foundation and powder.
- What’s your favorite yoga pose?
The happy baby. Because, ya know, I can do it lying down, LOL!
- What’s your favorite flower?
It changes from time to time, but right now it’s freesia.
- You receive your choice of lollipops today as a reward for being just plain awesome. Which flavor do you choose?
Wow, thank you. I’ll take either a Butterscotch or Cafe Latte lolly from See’s Candies, please.
- Have you ever lived with roommates?
Yup, all throughout college and my 20s, and I don’t really think I’m built for it. I like my privacy, to be honest, and really value my alone time. Plus, I have some…quirks (please, PLEASE change the toilet paper roll when it runs out!!!).
I do love living with El Hub and Tabs, though. They appear to tolerate my weirdness.
- Have you ever ridden/driven in a convertible?
Just once. On a family visit to Hawaii a few years ago, El Hub and I rented a convertible Mustang.
I dunno… I wasn’t really into it. Thing was hella noisy (even with the top up), and the few times we put the top down, driving through that humid, tropical air, my hair turned into a hot mess!
- I’ve always wanted to…
Spend an entire weekend doing my own thing, no appointments or schedules, at a luxurious spa with a kick-@ss swimming pool.
- Something that doesn’t move you?
Expensive jewelry. I know some girls love their shiny baubles, and I think they’re pretty, too, but I have a bad habit of losing earrings and necklaces… I think I’m better off going the costume route.
- When’s the best time of year to visit your neck of the woods?
To me, it’s the early fall, around September or October. That’s when the weather here in the Bay Area is at its best. It’s pretty warm, but not too hot, reasonably consistent, which is a big thing around here where it can swing 30 degrees from day to day, and the crowds are a bit lighter.
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
1. What was the last dish you cooked/prepared?
2. What level of coverage do you prefer when it comes to your face makeup products?
3. What’s your favorite yoga pose?
4. Favorite flower?
5. You receive your choice of lollipops today as a reward for being just plain awesome. Which flavor do you choose?
6. Have you ever lived with roommates?
7. Have you ever ridden/driven in a convertible?
8. I’ve always wanted to…
9. Something that doesn’t move you?
10. When’s the best time of year to visit your neck of the woods?
I hope you’re well on your way to having a great week.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,