You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- How do you feel today?
When I worked at my old law gig, there were Monday mornings when I’d walk into my cube, and the first thing I wanted to do was roll myself into a cocoon under my desk behind a pile of boxes and stay there all day. Truth be told, I feel that way this morning, but I’m working through it. And talking to you always makes me feel better.
- What was the highlight of your weekend?
Seeing my friend Cindy on Friday night. We went to dinner and watched Warm Bodies together.
About the movie, thumbs up! Who’d a thunk it? A zombie romance… It’s a little campy, of course, but great screenplay. They cut out parts of the book that didn’t need to be in the movie.
- What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
Flying out to Milan by myself for Fashion Week was probably the most adventurous I’ve been in years.
Which reminds me — I need a new adventure!
- Favorite new makeup/beauty product this winter and why?
I’m lovin’ the new Dim Light Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. I swear it takes 10 years off me — POOF! — like that.
- If you were a car, what kind would you be?
A souped up, light blue Mini Cooper. Small, spunky, stylish.
- If you could be any character from fiction, whom would you be?
Harriet the spy. And now, would someone please fix me a tomato sandwich? And if you need me, I’ll be hiding in the dumbwaiter.
- In one sentence, how would you describe your outlook on makeup?
Classic with a twist.
- What’s one piece of clothing, or an accessory, you wish you could add to your wardrobe?
UGH! PANTS. I desperately need pants. All of the non-stretchy pairs I have keep falling off my butt. And I’m over it.
- What are you wearing on your face, lips, eyes and nails today?
Nothing yet, but I’ve got Guerlain, MAC and Dior spring products on my mind (and waiting on my desk to test).
- What are your weekly goals?
To get either some wall shelves for my office or some gigantic cabinetry, to have fun writing, and to treat myself kindly. NO negative or critical self talk. That annoying voice needs to pipe down.
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
1. How do you feel today?
2. What was the highlight of your weekend?
3. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
4. Favorite new makeup/beauty product this winter and why?
5. If you were a car, what kind would you be?
6. If you could be any character from fiction, whom would you be?
7. In one sentence, how would you describe your outlook on makeup?
8. What’s one piece of clothing, or an accessory, you wish you could add to your wardrobe?
9. What are you wearing on your face, lips, eyes and nails today?
10. What are your weekly goals?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,