You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- How do you feel right now?
Optimistic. Lots to do today (secret bloggy stuff…).
- A color or colors you feel you wear well?
Jewel tones. Rich purples, emerald greens and sapphire blues. 🙂
- One of your favorite TV shows from the ’80s/’90s?
My So Called Life. I dreamt of Jordan Catalano writing a song for me…
- Have you ever given yourself a haircut?
I used to cut my bangs in high school (and they looked terrible, big surprise, LOL!)
- Strawberry, vanilla or chocolate milkshakes?
Vanilla. Chocolate if I’m desperate, but never, ever strawberry.
- What hits the spot?
Sleeping in on the weekends. A husky tabby on my lap while I’m writing. Stretchy pants after a long day at work.
- A job you think you’d be pretty good at?
Veterinarian, or maybe a makeup artist.
- A single strand of pearls: yes or no?
Yes, but they have to be smallish white or pink pearls.
- When was the last time you wore a tiara (if you’ve ever worn a tiara)?
My 30th birthday party that my parents threw for me at a Filipino drag queen karaoke bar.
- Weekly goals?
Exercise every day this week. Find a new book to read (any recommendations?). Get to bed by 9:30 every night (yeah, right!). Test a bunch of new spring makeup (whee!). Be a good cat mommy to Tabs. 🙂
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
1. How do you feel right now?
2. A color or colors you feel you wear well?
3. One of your favorite TV shows from the ’80s/’90s?
4. Have you ever given yourself a haircut?
5. Strawberry, vanilla or chocolate milkshakes?
6. What hits the spot?
7. A job you think you’d be pretty good at?
8. A single strand of pearls: yes or no?
9. Last time you wore a tiara?
10. What are your weekly goals?
Happy holiday, friend! Today is Marin Luther King, Jr. Day here in the States. Hope you have the day off to celebrate, or just plain relax. Tabs has me working, of course.
I’m taking lots of pictures of some of his favorite new spring products. Tabs never takes a day off from fabulousness (his words), which translates to his assistant never getting any days off at all. Ha.
I’m also working on a top secret blog project to be announced later this week… Can’t share any details with you yet, but I can say this much: I was not meant to be a blonde. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,