You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- How are you feeling right now?
You know, I’m feeling great. My weekend was so relaxing. I had the slumber party with Jen and Cindy on Saturday night, and on Sunday afternoon when I got home, I just hung out with El Hub and Tabs around the house and puttered. Did small life things that had to get done — cleaned the house a little, went to the grocery store. Then we just watched some TV. But the whole entire weekend, overall, did a lot for my mental health. I feel happy and chill and just really great about the week ahead.
- What’s on your plate for today?
Well, I’ve got a ton of writing to do first thing this morning, but that should be fun. After that, makeup pics in the afternoon.
Hopefully by the late afternoon I have some time for more cleaning around the house. I don’t know what happened! At some point between Christmas and New Year’s, all hell broke loose, and the place is a total mess. I’m going to try to do a little cleaning and straightening each day to hopefully make some progress on it by the end of the week.
- What’s one of the main things you consider when contemplating a lipgloss purchase?
How it smells/tastes. Those are big for me. If it smells or tastes funny, I know I won’t use it. It has to have a yummy flavor (or no flavor at all). Same goes for scent.
If it has that popular plasticky taste or makes my tummy churn, then no can do.
- At what age did you feel like you finally became the person you were meant to be?
The girls and I were actually talking about this on Saturday night. You know when you have a slumber party, and you turn out the lights, but you don’t go right to sleep? That’s what we did, and this was one of the things we talked about in the dark.
I feel like for me…it happened in my late 20s and early 30s. I think it just took me a long time to grow up. I mean, I’m still growing up, but I took some decent strides around that time.
- What’s your midnight snack of choice?
GURL, I know I probably shouldn’t be snacking at midnight, but when I do, and I feel like something savory, I go for popcorn. Ohmigosh! — my new thing right now is this salty, olive-oil-flavored pre-popped stuff they carry at Trader Joe’s. It’s like, the later it is, the better it tastes!
And when I’m in the mood for something sweet, I usually go for ice cream.
- Are you the type of person who’d jump into a heated outdoor pool on a cold, overcast day?
At one point in my life I was, but now I’m a big, frickin’ baby. Unless somebody is standing at the edge of the pool with, like, a thick robe and a bunch of towels ready for me when I get out, I won’t do it. I just don’t like to be cold.
- What’s one thing you recently discovered about yourself?
I don’t know if I should be admitting this, but when I’m in a hurry and there’s cat hair all over my face, I’m capable of taking the lint roller and rolling it over my cheeks and forehead…
- Think about where you were 10 years ago. What’s one thing you miss about that time in your life?
Let’s see: 10 years ago I was 27, working a 9-to-5 and living in the city. I miss a couple of things from that time, like living in San Francisco. I loved the energy, and there was always something interesting to do.
I also miss having more time. I miss those long stretches where I didn’t really have anything to do, and I could do whatever I wanted to. These days, it feels like I’m always doing something, planning something or thinking about something.
- Slumber party time! What do your jammies look like?
Pink and black plaid. Button down. Flannel. Long sleeves.
- What are your goals for the week?
I think I also had this goal last week, and that’s to be off the computer each night by (iPhone doesn’t count).
Since I made it to Trader Joe’s last night, I also want to make some healthy meals for dinner, and I’d really love to paint my toenails… Maybe something dark and sparkly.
If time permits, I’d love to clean up my office, too. The floor is like an ocean of clutter in there, and I’d like to take Tabs out for a few short walks while it’s sunny, so he can get some fresh air.
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
1. How do you feel right now?
2. What’s on your plate for today?
3. What’s one of the main things you consider when shopping for a lipgloss?
4. At what age did you feel like you finally became the person you were meant to be?
5. What’s your midnight snack of choice?
6. Are you the type of person who’d jump into a heated outdoor pool on a cold, overcast day?
7. What’s one thing you recently discovered about yourself?
8. Think about where you were 10 years ago. What’s one thing you miss about that time in your life?
9. Slumber party time! What do your jammies look like?
10. What are your weekly goals?
Happy Monday! I hope your hair’s behaving today (and I’m saying this because mine has been crazy lately).
Mine hasn’t settled since I got it cut and colored a couple weeks ago… It’s in that early, awful phase where getting it to behave is like herding cats.
Have a great week, okay? I hope something nice and unexpected happens to you.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,