You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
Happy and mellow.
- What are you passionate about?
Cats, makeup and blogging (obvs). And sleeping (LOL! It’s true though), movies, books, shoes and self-improvement.
- Do you have a favorite museum?
The MusÃ©e d’Orsay in Paris. I’ve only been there once, and I’ve been plotting a return trip ever since. I love me some Impressionists. Oh, and the lightning in there is ah-may-zing! I could spend days there just marveling at how the light falls on the paintings and sculptures.
- What’s at the top of your gift wishlist this year?
Nordstrom gift cards, because my plan is it save up a few of them for a Burberry trench coat. It’s part of my new, updated wardrobe plan for 2013.
If it looks like something Angelina Jolie or Jennifer Aniston might wear, then I’m going for it.
- Do you ever host dinner parties?
Nope. But I could see myself wanting to if I had more time to practice cooking. I think it would be fun!
- One of your favorite holiday memories?
The time Tabs knocked down our tree, kitty-ninja style.
A couple years ago, I was sitting in the living room with my back to the tree when I heard a crash! I whipped around, and there it was, the tree, lying on its side, and I heard a scampering sound moving off into the distance…
To this day, I have no idea exactly how he did it. Was he trying to climb it or intentionally push it over? The world may never know…
I can joke about it now, but I was furious at the time.
- I’m a chronic_________.
Over-packer, but I’m working on it.
- What makes you go “arrrggh”?
- Traffic on 880 South freeway when I’m driving home to see my parents
- Paper cuts
- When people handle money and then touch my food (on second thought, that’s more “ewww”)
- When someone repeatedly kicks the back of my chair
- When I don’t have time to exercise but really, really want to
- What’s one of the best things you accomplished this year?
Hmm… Nothing too huge. Maybe painting my dining room and finally deciding on a table.
It only took three years! — but I really like how they turned out.
- Weekly goals:
To remember to take breaks throughout the day, to wrap a few presents, and to get my hair cut on Friday (FINALLY).
G’morning, sweets. 🙂
I hope your Monday got off to a swell start, but if it didn’t and you could use some cheering up, perhaps this link from reader Hafsa can help: 29 Guilty Faces of Cats in Christmas Trees.
Haha! I know, I know… I better laugh now because I won’t be laughing when Tabs unleashes his wrath on my poor tree…
I finally got some lights and ornaments on it last weekend (only on the upper branches, though, to keep things out of Tabs’ reach).
Every time I enter the room, I half expect to find the tree ripped to shreds.
Come to think of it, I should probably check on it… While I run downstairs, you fill out the Monday Poll. I’ll be right back. 🙂
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
2. What are you passionate about?
3. Do you have a favorite museum?
4. What’s at the top of your gift wishlist this year?
5. Do you ever host dinner parties?
6. One of your favorite holiday memories?
7. I’m a chronic_________.
8. What makes you go “arrrggh”?
9. What’s one of the best things you accomplished this year?
10. Weekly goals:
Have a wonderful week. I will if you do. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,