You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
[YAWN] Head wobbly. Eyelids…heavy. Me talk not good. Me talk not good at all.
Must coffee… Yes, must coffee good jrjeklauio jaueisot uogvyio byp…
Oops, my bad! Passed out there for a second with my fingers on the keyboard.
Jeez, this coffee better kick in soon…
- The Thanksgiving party is potluck. What dish are you bringing?
My (world famous) roasted garlic mashed potatoes, a peach and blueberry cobbler and a bottle of red wine (maybe a nice Rioja…or a Primitivo or Zinfandel).
- What’s your limit for a commute?
Oh, I’ve had some long ones before. I feel like my limit is just about an hour, door to door. I start getting reeeally cranky when I cross that one-hour threshold.
- FLASH: You wake up one morning and discover that suddenly you can do three things really well. What are they?
- Manage my time. I become like a time management Jedi, able to juggle multiple projects without breaking a sweat.
- Freestyle rapping.
I become a polyglot freestyle rapper, able to spit beats in 10 of the world’s most popular languages…because you never know when/where you’ll be when someone challenges you to a street battle.
- Pick winning lottery numbers.
I know that doesn’t sound like an exciting natural ability, but it sure would come in handy for me right now…
- If your life were made into a movie, what film genre would it be?
A Bollywood musical, with dozens of costume changes and a HUGE dance finale.
- Name an animal that reminds you of someone.
Elephants always remind me of El Hub.
(They’re his favorite animal.)
- Something you fell in love with as a child/teen and still love today?
The movie Casablanca. I had the poster up on the walls in my room all through high school, and to this day it’s one of my all-time favorite flicks.
I love everything about it — the chemistry between Bogie and Bergman, the crisp, snappy dialogue. It’s filled with so many memorable moments for me. (“Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of your life.”)
- FLASH: We’re at the MAC counter stocking up on standbys. What do you get?
A bottle of Fix+, a bottle of Cleanse Off Oil Tranquil (wait, make that two), a tube of Strobe Cream and a pan of Concrete Eyeshadow.
- How long does it usually take you to really wake up in the morning?
Honestly, a good 90 minutes after the alarm sounds. That’s how long it usually takes me to feel like I’m firing on all my mental cylinders.
Really, it’s a miracle I’m able to walk and talk at all right after getting up.
- Weekly goals:
This week I want to try a couple of new writing techniques I’ve been reading about — 1. challenging myself to only think about a single topic for a set amount of time, and 2. reducing my rules when I write.
Oh, and I intend to eat a spinach salad every single day…
No real reason why. Just somethin’ to do.
Morning! Guess who’s coffee just kicked in?!
Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. I picked up these four-drawer carts at Target over the weekend…
Toot toot! Now boarding the train for Organize-a-ville.
I’m using one for beauty essentials (the things I reach for daily, like foundations, powders, concealers, hair styling products, stuff like that), and the other one for photography equipment.
Oh, Tabs has a question for you… He’d like to know if you’ll fill out today’s Monday Poll.
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
2. The Thanksgiving party is potluck. What dish are you bringing?
3. What’s your limit for a commute?
4. You wake up one morning and discover that suddenly you can do three things really well. What are they?
5. If your life were made into a movie, what film genre would it be?
6. Name an animal that reminds you of someone.
7. Something you fell in love with as a child/teen and still love today?
8. We’re at the MAC counter stocking up on standbys. What do you get?
9. How long does it usually take you to really wake up in the morning?
10. Weekly goals:
Now, fasten your safety belt, and return your tray table and seat back to the upright position. Your week of adventure and good fortune starts now.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,