You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
Thoughtful. Happy. I’m trying to appreciate the little things today.
- Cupcakes or cookies?
Oooh. Tough! I’m a firm believer in both, but right now I’m gonna have to go with cookies, especially semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies…
I’ve been craving semi-sweet chocolate chips 24/7 lately. Mmm…
- Are you an outdoorsy person?
Only during regular business hours, haha. I like hiking and water sports (in particular, anything having to do with the beach, like surfing, swimming, stand-up paddle boarding and snorkeling), but I’m also part prissy princess; I can’t handle hardcore wilderness expeditions and overnight hikes.
I gotta have my creature comforts, ya know? I will go camping…if the camp has indoor plumbing, gets a cell phone signal and has beds that aren’t lying directly on the ground, LOL!
- A fragrance or scent that reminds you of your mom?
Dior Poison. She wore it a lot back when I was in high school. And Oil of Olay moisturizer, which is what she usually wears on her face. I catch a whiff whenever I give her a kiss on the cheek.
- Three things you like (non-makeup/beauty related):
1) Driving up to a parking meter and finding leftover time on the clock.
2) Tabs sleeping on the bed in the crook between my legs at night.
3) Spaghetti squash.
- Three things you like (makeup/beauty related):
1) Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation
2) Skinceuticals C E Ferulic Serum
3) Chanel Loose Powder
- Itâ€™s the last day of middle school. Will you sign my yearbook?
Of course! KIT (keep in touch), LYLARS (love ya like a real sis) and DBS (donâ€™t be a stranger). See you next year! Class of 1989 rulez!
- Have you ever had an at-home hair coloring disaster?
Yeah…like every time I’ve ever tried to do it myself. It’s just one of those things I’ve never had much luck with. The color always either ends up way too dark, or patchy, or the bathroom walls and ceiling end up covered in hair dye. Thankfully, I’ve never accidentally given myself a bad chemical burn or been left with totally cray hair color.
- What are three things you’re happy about right now?
1) My desk is uncluttered and clean (for once…but we’ll see how long that lasts).
2) I have a job that lets me express my creativity.
3) I have family living within driving distance.
- Weekly goals:
To get to bed by 10 every night (dare to dream!), to eat more protein (it’s trickier being a vegetarian), to go through the storage boxes in the dining room, to find a trustworthy painter in the area, and to start investigating fitness classes, because my workouts have been kinda uninspired lately.
Greetings and salutations, my friend! It’s another beautiful Monday — despite a little rain — and I feel lucky because I get to share my day with you.
Hmm… My tummyâ€™s rumbling. How about a snack while you let me know how you’re doing in today’s Monday Poll? A croissant perhaps? Your pick — we have plain, Meyer lemon or chocolate (pick the lemon; it’s awesome!).
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
2. Cupcakes or cookies?
3. Are you an outdoorsy person?
4. A fragrance or scent that reminds you of your mom?
5. Three things you like (non-makeup/beauty related):
6. Three things you like (makeup/beauty related):
7. Itâ€™s the last day of middle school. Will you sign my yearbook??
8. Have you ever had an at-home hair coloring disaster?
9. What are three things you’re happy about right now?
10. Weekly goals:
If you start feeling over-stressed or anxious this week, try to sneak away from whatever you’re doing for a few minutes. Change your point of view if you can, take a few deep breaths, grab a snack, and think about something that makes you happy, like playing with your dog/cat/best friend (your cat, only if he or she isn’t currently hating you, as in my case, LOL!).
Say it with me now, “I’m going to have a great week.” I’ll be right back with your croissant.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,