Let’s see… Is half awake a mood? Probably not, I imagine.
I’m chuggin’ along but a little sleepy because I stayed up way past my bedtime last night finishing that book I’ve been reading, Angelfall, and now I’m paying for it. Other than that, though, no complaints. All signs point to today being a great, if not groggy, day.
- Time for a road trip! Where are we going and who’s coming with us?
How about Southern California? One word: Disneyland! We could stop by the parks (Disney’s California Adventure is right across the street from Disneyland) and then head down to San Diego to do some surfing.
Jen and Cindy, a couple of my childhood friends, would like to come, too. Don’t worry, they’re mellow, super cool and very down-to-earth. You guys will get along famously.
Of course we also have to invite Tabs, but I suspect he’ll say no. He’s been really busy with work lately and only travels first class.
- Something your friends/family tease you about?
My preternatural sense of smell (seriously, I’m like a basset hound). I’m that freaky person who can smell when the neighbor three doors down is smoking a cigar on his doorstep.
- When you come home from a long, hard day, what’s the first thing you do when you walk through the door?
Kick off my shoes (we’re a no-shoes-in-the-house household), set down the mail, wash my hands, and then give and get kisses from El Hub and Tabs.
- Have you ever flown in a helicopter?
Nope, but I’ve always wanted to take one of those tours in Hawaii where they zip you around the canyons and cliffs and get up close to the volcanoes. Buuuuut, I don’t know. I’ve read one too many stories about helicopter accidents.
- What movie would you have liked to make a cameo appearance in?
Clueless, for sure! I would have loved being one of Cher’s friends, sitting at their table at lunch, buffing my nails and sipping a can of soda in my quintessential ’90s outfit (button-up mini skirt, over-the-knee socks, platforms, a shirt, vest and my little black backpack).
- It pays to be _________.
Nice. In the right place at the right time. Patient.
- Are you gonna watch the new Twilight?
Honestly, I really don’t want to, but at this point I feel kind of invested, LOL!
I don’t know, though… Not sure I can handle hearing the name, “Renesmee,” spoken a few hundred times on screen.
- Have you lost any makeup lately?
Sure have. I can’t find my jar of MAC Indianwood Paint Pot, and I’m pretty salty about it.
MAC needs to start installing little GPS trackers in their products…
- Weekly goals:
I’m keeping it simple again. All I want to do is get outside a little more than last week (with all the fall coverage, sometimes I forget it’s still summer), read at least an hour every day, and work my abs at least once.
G’morning, gorgeous. Hope you’re doing well on this beautiful day.
Here, let me refill your coffee… You know, I’m actually kind of hungry. Can I interest you in a chocolate croissant?
You stay here and fill out the Monday Poll, and I’ll be right back with your coffee and snack.
2. Time for a road trip! Where are we going and who’s coming with us?
3. Something your friends/family tease you about?
4. Have you ever flown in a helicopter?
5. When you come home from a long, hard day, what’s the first thing you do when you walk through the door?
6. What movie would you like to make a cameo in?
7. It pays to be _________.
8. Are you gonna watch the new Twilight?
9. Have you lost any makeup lately?
10. Weekly goals:
I will say this about Mondays: even though I’m always a little melancholy on Sunday nights, I like thinking about Mondays as a chance for a fresh start.
You have yourself a good one, okay?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,