Happy. 🙂 I got to see and do some new things this weekend, namely Stafford Lake and the Point Reyes Lighthouse, and also had some downtime to just relax, play with makeup and watch brainless TV, so I feel really good right now.
- Your favorite sandwich?
Ah, the sandwich, that miracle of quick culinary miracles. I have a couple of favorites. At home, I’m partial to peanut butter and banana on whole wheat bread, but the bread has to be soft and fresh, and the bananas, slightly under ripe. If I see even one of those brown freckles on the peel, I won’t touch ’em!
As for favorite restaurant sandwiches, that would be the niÃ±o pobre at Sol Food, a local Puerto Rican place in nearby San Rafael. Breaded, fried prawns on toasted French bread with lettuce, tomato, and cilantro lime mayonnaise…
Man, I don’t care how early it is. I could really go for one of those right now.
They don’t exactly qualify as health food, that’s for sure, but sometimes I just don’t care.
- What’s your lucky number?
9, like the date of my birthday (June 9).
- Something you no longer worry about but did at one time?
That’s a tough one for me, because as a natural worrywart, I’m worried that I’ll overlook something important, LOL!
I guess the first thing that comes to mind is marriage, since El Hub and I just celebrated our six-year anniversary (the reason for the trip to Point Reyes on Saturday). Before El Hub and I got hitched, I worried about being ready for marriage. I guess it’s safe to say that I no longer worry about that anymore.
- When was the last time you rode a roller coaster?
It was on a trip to Disneyland in 2010 to preview the MAC Venomous Villains collection.
- What are four things you like about your neighborhood?
1) The weather, because it’s warmer and sunnier than Mill Valley, where we lived before, which was foggy and cooler, being so much closer to the Golden Gate; 2) the open space and surrounding hills; 3) being within driving distance of Wine Country (to the north) and San Francisco (to the south); and 4) the peace and quiet of living in a relatively small city (about 49,000 people).
Part of me will always love the big city, but after an adjustment period I’ve grown to love living in the burbs. It’s quieter, less expensive, much easier to find parking, and I don’t always feel on guard, like I did a lot of the time when I lived in SF.
- When was the last time you got your hair did?
Late April. I’m way overdue for a visit.
- How old were you when you started regularly wearing makeup?
I wasn’t officially allowed to start wearing makeup until I turned 14, but unofficially, I started in middle school with some purple eyeliner, which I covertly applied after I left the house, LOL!
- Do you prefer shopping for makeup alone or with a buddy?
I can spend hours looking at makeup, swatching different products, asking questions of the sales associates and artists, and I can’t in good conscience do that to a friend, haha! Most of the time, I prefer to go alone, unless I know that the person I’m shopping with likes makeup as much as I do (and doesn’t have to be somewhere else for a few hours).
- Weekly goals:
To try at least one new eye look, to track down at least two new healthy dinner recipes, and to actually prepare at least one of them (LOL!).
Good morning, friend! I hope you had a nice weekend. What was the highlight? Did you do anything special or fun?
I feel really good this morning, so if you need a little lift, allow me to transmit a few beams of sunshine to you over the Internet.
There we go. Transmission complete.
If you have a minute, drop me a line, and let me know how you’re doing in today’s Monday Poll.
2. Your favorite sandwich?
3. Whatâ€™s your lucky number?
4. Something you no longer worry about but did at one time?
5. When was the last time you rode a roller coaster?
6. What are four things you like about your neighborhood?
7. When was the last time you got your hair did?
8. How old were you when you started regularly wearing makeup?
9. Do you prefer shopping for makeup alone or with a buddy?
10. Weekly goals:
In the event that no one has told you yet today, you are beautiful. Both inside and out.
Don’t you ever forget that, okay? 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,