1. In What Order Do You Apply Your Makeup? — Most of the makeup artists I know suggest starting with concealer, foundation and powder, but I prefer to do my eyes *first*. That way, if (when) I make a mess, I haven’t gotten too far into the overall look, and things are still easy to clean up.
2. Urban Decay Pocket Rocket Lipgloss: Stand By Yo’ Man — Each of the eight glosses in the set has a hologram hottie in the cap. Each hottie has a different guyâ€™s name, and if you tilt the gloss from side to side, its hottie transforms from fully clothed to undies only. I think thatâ€™s just the coolest. Thing. Ever.
3. Whatâ€™s Your Favorite Drugstore Hairspray? — I usually use hairsprays to set a final style, and there are two drugstore products I really like. If I want soft, flexible hold (say, if I’ve curled my hair), I reach for L’Orealâ€™s Elnett Extra StrongHold UV Hair Spray ($15). It’s an aerosol spray with UV protectors, and I love fine mist.
4. MAC Style Warriors Swatches and Pictures — I’m on the fence about the collection, but I definitely like the packaging a lot. The overall color palette isn’t as warm as I thought it would be, and where am I going to wear yellow lipgloss and eyeshadow, LOL? I get the feeling they may be more arty than wearable.
5. 5 Drugstore Mascaras, 5 Days — This post was written by blogger Caroline K, who takes us through five days of testing with five popular drugstore mascaras. This was one of my favorite posts of the month.
6. Poolside Champ: Banana Boat Ultra Defense Continuous Spray Sunblock — This shizz is probably the best waterproof aerosol sunblock I’ve ever used and has only a couple little downsides. First, the good stuff â€” it’s a broad-spectrum sun protectant offering both UVA/UVB protection and comes in three potencies, SPF 30, 50 and the uber-powerful 85. SPF is all well and good, but why I really love it is because it works like a lotion and not a flighty spray.
7. What’s Your Favorite Makeup Primer? — When my skin was super oily a few years back, summertime was always the toughest season for me. By mid-morning, my forehead and face would always take on what I liked to call THE SHINING!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,