When was the last time someone said something nice to you about your makeup, and do you remember what makeup you were wearing at the time?
It happened last weekend! — and it took me by surprise because 1) I’d done the pretty mininal makeup, and 2) the compliments came from two Sephora artists.
The gals who work at the store in my town are always so done up — they wear intricate cut creases, glitter, lots of contouring, etc. — and look fabulous, but, interestingly, talking to them I’ve found out that most of them say that they like to wear simple, minimal makeup, just as much as I do.
I guess I always just assumed that because they go all out with their makeup at work, they must prefer intricate, complicated looks, but that’s not always the case!
I forgot to take a picture of my makeup that day, but it looked very similar to this five-minute makeup look here…
Here were the main products I used…
- BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
- NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint SPF30 (I mixed the shades St. Moritz and Cuba)
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Concealer (I use R32 to correct the color of my dark circles, then Y33 to conceal them)
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Tan
- Guerlain 4 Seasons Contour and Bronzing Powder in Brunettes
- MAC Sheertone Blush in Gingerly
- Chanel Le Stylo Yeux in Waterproof Eyeliner in 914 Feuilles (I like to use this dark gray sometimes because it’s a little less intense than black liner)
- Too Cool For School Dinoplatz Escalator Mascara
- Bobbi Brown Natural Brow Shaper & Hair Touch Up in Brunette
- Urban Decay Naked Lipgloss in Liar
The whole kit and caboodle took 10 minutes, tops.
Oh! — and these are the makeup products, by the way, I’ve packed into my labor hospital bag. Yup, I’m finally officially packed and ready to go! I’ll be ready to party when Baby Girl shows up (OK, probably not really). 🙂
What about you? When was that last time someone complimented you on your makeup, and do you remember what makeup you were wearing at the time?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,