The Coolest Sticky Notes, Ever
- If I don’t write stuff down then I don’t remember, so I’ve got Post-It/sticky notes all over the place. These cheeky sticky notes from Knock Knock can keep my boring, yellow Post-Its company. My faves are the You Rock and Or Else pads.
Name that Makeup Compact
- I live in the ‘burbs now, but I’m a city girl at heart. Last night I spent a good half an hour cruising through photographer Amin Torres’ photo blog featuring pics depicting everyday life in New York City. I couldn’t help but stop at this shot of a woman applying mascara on the subway (been there, done that). Can you guess what compact she’s holding? — ’cause I’m stumped.
Do You Really Need That Extra Oxygen?
- I’ve always wondered about facial products and spa treatments touting the benefits of extra oxygen. Christine over at 15 Minute Beauty separates fact from fiction and breaks down why we don’t need to be paying for all the extra O2.
Sex and the City: The Font
- I’m a total font geek, so my eyes lit up when I found this neat slideshow on BBC News featuring fonts from famous movie posters. The Sex and the City movie posters use a font called Trajan, Franklin Gothic was featured in the poster for Dark Knight and Neutraface is the font gracing the new James Bond movie posters for Quantum of Solace. Now I’m soOOoo ready for final Jeopardy’s Font Geek category!
Merging Beauty and Science
- The New York Times reports that a new “beautification engine” computer program uses a mathematical formula to virtualize more attractive versions of human faces. The Times ran pics of several people’s faces through this “beautification engine.” Can I just say I was not surprised to find that actor James Defranco’s cutie pie mug remained virtually unchanged? Hit me up, James!
125 Foods to Help You Not Look Like a Sausage in Your Bridesmaid Dress
- I gotta squeeze into a bridesmaid dress for my friend Jen’s wedding next month. Needless to say, my eating habits haven’t been great (chocolate cake, anyone?) lately. I’ve been busy and just shove whatever I can find into my gullet. I have to get back on track, and to help me on my way I’m using this handy dandy article featuring 125 of the best Packaged Foods by Women’s Health magazine. It includes printable lists of healthy drinks, breads and soups to look for at the grocery store. Now I have one less excuse to head to In-n-Out for dinner.
Work that Cape(let)
- I’ll use any excuse to wear a cape in public. Here’s a really cute knitted capelet I found on Esty. I’d wear this over a white turtleneck in winter or a tank top in the spring.
Hey, ya’ll! Happy, happy, Thursday! I feel genuinely, certifiably NUTS because I woke up at 5:30 this morning. Hello, fourth cup of coffee. 🙂 Anyway, I’m about to put on some makeup… yay! It’s looking like a Beiges de Chanel quad kinda day. What makeup did you reach for this morning?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,