You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Are you a red lip lover?
- Do you ever wear ripped jeans?
Sure for just knockin’ around the house, but not out in public.
- When was the last time you shed tears of joy?
I think it was about two years ago when my friend Jen told me that she was pregnant. A few of us had gone on a girls’ spa day. We’d just parked our cars and were standing on the corner outside the spa, saying our hellos, when Jen said, “I’m pregnant!”
She didn’t want to tell us over the phone…and she also didn’t want us to freak out when she asked for a pregnancy massage at the front desk inside the spa.
The tears just started rollin’!
Now, whenever I drive by that corner I get a little verklempt…
- What’s the most time consuming thing for you when you’re getting ready in the morning?
It used to be my hair back before I found a stylist I have good synergy with (yes, I went there; I used “synergy” in a sentence, haha!), and I can usually do my makeup pretty quickly most of the time, so I’d say it’s picking out my clothes.
- It’s brown-bag lunch day! What are you having?
A vegan “chicken” sandwich from Whole Foods, a scoop of fruit salad, a snack bag of BBQ chips and a big bottle of water.
- When was the last big fight you got into with someone?
Honestly, I can’t remember. It was probably with El Hub over something lame like changing the toilet paper roll…
Seriously, dude, is it so hard!?
- If you were given a good opportunity to pursue your current dream job, what would you do?
Well, I like my current job, but if I were given the chance to pursue something else — another dream job — maybe songwriting?
I think I’d be pretty good at it. I think. Or maybe photography or makeup artistry.
- I’m crazy in love with (fill in the blank).
My cat, LOL!
- What’s your fountain drink of choice?
I don’t have ’em often, but when I do, a Coke and a smile. With plenty of ice.
- What’s one thing you say to yourself all the time?
“You need to stay calm.”
I say it like that, too. “You need to stay calm.” Panicking never helps.
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
1. Are you a red lip lover?
2. Do you ever wear ripped jeans?
3. When was the last time you shed tears of joy?
4. What’s the most time consuming thing for you when you’re getting ready in the morning?
5. It’s brown-bag lunch day! What are you having?
6. When was the last big fight you got into with someone?
7. If you were given a good opportunity to pursue your current dream job, what would you do?
8. I’m crazy in love with (fill in the blank).
9. What’s your fountain drink of choice?
10. What’s one thing you say to yourself all the time?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,