Photo by mattk1979
Howaya, girlie? How’s trix? Did you celebrate Halloween last night? Tonight? Not interested at all? I’m going to that party on the boat in a few hours, and I STILL haven’t completely settled on a costume, but I’ve narrowed it down to 1) a wannabe member of Run-D.M.C. or 2) a ’50s sock hopper. Party City was NO help at all, though. I just got back from there, and it was all Lord of the Flies. You get down to the wire, and the Halloween stores turn into the GalÃ¡pagos Islands (survival of the fittest)!
Oh, so last night I rented Legion, and it scurred me out of my seat — no, really! I literally jumped off the couch screaming. Rottentomatoes got it wrong with this one, I tell ya. I think it’s a lot better than 19%. The premise is simple, though, as they so often are with horror movies — humans on the verge of extinction, the characters have to protect a pregnant woman who’s about to bear the future savior of mankind, etc., etc. No, her name wasn’t Sarah Connor. 🙂 If you see it (or saw it), let me know what you think.
Before I settled down to watch the movie last night, I had to deal with the beehive.
Not surprisingly, taking it apart was even more fun that putting it together.
I actually kinda like this look…
Yes, I’m sitting still in these
Untangling the hive wasn’t half as hard as I thought it would be. One word: shower. By the time I stepped out my mane was tangle-free.
Beehive Deconstruction 101
1. Get Wet (Not the Most Complicated Set of Instructions, Are They?)
I stood beneath the shower head for about two minutes to soak the hive completely, but I didn’t just stand there tapping my foot. While I waited I busted out a new face cleanser, the Korres’ $21 Milk Proteins Cleanser (for dry skin) and gave my mug a gentle massage, ahh…
2. Condition from Roots to Ends (Repeat if Necessary)
I worked two heaping handfuls of conditioner into my hair, massaging from roots to ends, and after rinsing I did it again. By then I’d worked out most of the knots and tangles.
Since I knew I’d need a lot of product, I went with my favorite drugstore detangling conditioner, Garnier Fructis Body Boost Conditioner ($5 for a 25-oz. bottle). It’s not the most moisturizing conditioner in the world, but it’s cheap, and I like the tart green apple scent.
3. Shampoo (Again, Repeat if Necessary)
I started with conditioner instead of shampoo because I’ve had great luck with Garnier’s Body Boost for detangling, but I still wanted to remove any remaining hair spray and mousse, so I shampooed and rinsed twice with Kerastase Nutritive Bain Nutri-Thermique ($34), which left my hair soft and shiny.
4. Hair Mask Damage Control
I put my hair through a lot yesterday, and it deserved to be babied a little, so I coated it with a thick, rich hair mask. I used Kerastase Masque Nutri-Thermique ($60), and left it in for about three minutes while I finished my shower and shaved.
No more knots, POOF!
Before I start getting ready for the party tonight, how about we sneak in a little e-surfing together? The waves look great!
- If you still don’t have your costume, you could always try one of these very cool face paint looks. Say it with me, “I’m Batman.”
- More Halloween inspiration: Jemma’s vibrant eye looks! Bust out those brushes and glittery shadows.
- My loins tremble (well…) at the thought of this electric blue mascara. WANT!
- You know I love shoes, right? I’m really curious about Jimmy Choo’s new fragrance. Please, lawd, don’t let it smell like feet.
- Sci-fi geeks, you’ll want to put this kitchen tool on your holiday wish list.
- Jewelry? Makeup? Makeup inspired by jewelry? It’s like the beauty gods answered my prayers.
- Caribbean queen, now we’re sharing the same dreamâ€¦ Sorry, I can’t help myself when it comes to Billy Ocean or this this tropical-sounding Aveda body scrub
- Should you (and your wallet) j’adore this expensive Dior face cream?
- You really *do* learn something new every day. I totally want to try the Nordstrom Beauty Stylist Program!
- And one more Halloween roundup for my fellow visual learners: 8 Halloween makeup how-to videos. Don’t despair. Some of them are “sexy.” 🙂
Have a frighteningly fabulous night!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,