What goes well with barbeques, beaches and hot summer nights?
One word: Stila.
Here’s a look I tried with some of the products from the new Stila Indian Summer Collection.
I was just fooling around at the time, half watching an old ’80s movie called Vision Quest on TV (who knew high school wrestling could be so interesting?).
It’s a bronze, purple and teal eye with tan cheeks and a golden orange lip that I can see myself wearing with a flirty summer dress.
This thing has pool party written all over it.
I know the eye map above makes it seem complicated, but I swear it’s not.
- For the look, I started by applying Stila 24K Golden Noir Smudge Pot onto my lids with a MAC 239 Eye Brush and then used a finger to blend out the edges and draw the color into the lid.
- Next, I grabbed a MAC 217 Blending Brush and swept the shimmery rose shade from the Stila Charmed Palette into the crease.
- With the same brush, I patted the shimmery bronze shade from the Stila Charmed Palette onto the inner half of my eye.
- Then for depth, I used the MAC 239 to apply the shimmery purple shade to the outer half of the lid.
- Since I had a lot of shimmer action on my lids and in the crease, I used a finger to highlight my brow bone with the golden side of Stila’s Marigold Convertible Color. It’s a step that I think adds a subtle glow and nicely contrasts with the shimmery shadows.
- Because I wanted to color and define the lower lash line, I patted the teal shade from the Stila Charmed Palette along my lower lashes with a Sonia Kashuk Angled Eye Shadow Brush…
- …and then layered a thin line of Stila Golden Noir directly on top of it using a MAC 209 Eye Liner Brush.
Cheeks and Lips
Since the eyes were so shimmery, I toned down the skin beneath them, applying and blending the brown side of the Stila Marigold Convertible Color onto the apples of each cheek.
For my lips, I applied one coat of Stila Mango Crush Lip & Cheek Stain and then gently tapped a layer of the gold side from Marigold Convertible Color on top of the stain with a finger.
The next time I try this look I think I’ll use the purple instead of the teal. Why not, right? Makeup’s all about experimentation.
I’m on my way down to Ess Eff this afternoon for a NARS event at Nordstrom. I’m *really* hoping for a chance to meet Francois Nars. He’s supposed to be there. Maybe if I stand close enough to him, I’ll absorb some of his makeup skillz by osmosis, LOL! A girl can dream…
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,