I’ve been counting down the days â€˜til the release of Cowboys & Aliens, and the invasion is almost here (July 29)! Just gimme a bucket of salty popcorn, a story about angry aliens and 90 uninterrupted minutes with hottie-bo-bottie Daniel Craig, and I’m good to go.
Sure, the movie looks cheesy (potentially very cheesy), but I’m keeping my fingers crossed because, after all, you never know, right? Itâ€™s high time someone pitted gunslingers against extra terrestrials, and maybe itâ€™ll work out as well as other unusual pairings like chicken and waffles, salt and caramel, and Brigitte Nielsen and Flavor Flav.
I’m also looking forward to seeing the lovely Olivia Wilde, whom I’m currently girl crushing on BIG TIME right now.
She looked all sorts of amazing on the red carpet last weekend at the Cowboys & Aliens premiere, sporting this black lace dress with her hair in a loose updo, and for her makeup, which was pure Chanel, she went with a soft smokey eye, pink lips and pinkish nude cheeks.
I liked the look so much that today I thought Iâ€™d give something like it a try. Most of the products I used here are from Chanel, with a few bits and bobs from MAC and NARS, but you could surely do something similar with other products you might have around.
I read in a press release that Oliviaâ€™s makeup for the evening involved Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Eyeshadow in Mirifique ($36), Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir ($30) and Chanel Intense Eye Pencil in Noir ($28). I used the same products for my eye look, along with the others mentioned below.
Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Eyeshadow in Mirifique, Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir and Chanel Intense Eye Pencil in Noir
Swatches from the left with the flash: Chanel Intense Eye Pencil in Noir, Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Eyeshadow in Mirifique and Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir
Without the flash
Eye see you!
A breakdown of my lookâ€¦
- NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base on the entire eyelid from lash to brow
- Chanel Intense Eye Pencil in Noir along the upper and lower lash and water lines
- Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Eyeshadow in Mirifique on the lid and just barely creeping into the crease
- Chanel Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Safari in the crease and along the lower lash line
- Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir on the upper and lower lashes
- Benefit Instant Brow in Medium on the brows
- Chanel Rouge Coco in Patchouli on the lips
- Chanel Mat Lumiere Long-Lasting Soft Matte Makeup SPF15 in Soft Honey all over the face (itâ€™s pricey, but I think itâ€™s really a fantastic foundation)
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW25 beneath the eyes
- Chanel Natural Finish Pressed Powder in 70 Beige all over the face
My least favorite thing about smokey eyes is the time they take for blending. To get the products to flow together well as seamlessly as possible, I pretty much blend until my wrist starts to cramp (Kidding! Well, kindaâ€¦). Then, right around the time I think Iâ€™ve smoothed out every last harsh lineâ€¦I blend a little more. And more. And a tad more.
I guess what Iâ€™m trying to say is I blend a lot. If youâ€™d like to see a more in depth tutorial, holla at me in the comments!
So I know this isnâ€™t Chanel related but…
I had a rough afternoon today (PMS, grrr!) and was on the verge of tears until I saw these pics of two up-and-coming pet models showcasing their tubes of EvRev.
Here, Miss Kitty works her flawless profile for her assistant, Makeup Magpie
Sunshine the cockatiel, who lives with reader Jennifer, is a dude who loves gloss and isn’t afraid to show it
Thanks, ladies. You made my day 1,000% better.
Anywho, I hope you had a good one today. We did it! Well, almost. Weâ€™re just about over the hump.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,