Well color me intrigued… 🙂
These new Tarte Colored Clay CC Primers look really cool. They’re like a primer and a sheer stick foundation in one, with two color correcting wedges in purple and green embedded inside each creamy stick.
This powerful, multi-tasking, skin perfector brightens skin, evens skin tone, blurs imperfections and neutralizes any redness or discolorations. The oil-free, talc-free formula soothes skin as it glides and blends effortlessly for a smooth, even finish. Its “hourglass” applicator design delivers the perfect balance of color correction and coverage to adjust to your skin. Use it before foundation as a color-correcting primer or alone as a light coverage for an all-over flawless look.
Tarte… That gang never forgets about us gals on the deeper, darker skin tone side of the beauty swimming pool, and I love them for that. These come in five shades, encompassing most of the beauty bases from Fair, to Light, to Medium, Tan and Deep.
I’m a Medium right now, but I can’t wait to be a Tan this summer! (Because it’ll mean I’ve been getting some much-needed sun.)
My thoughts after playing with them this morning…
- LOVE the lightweight, silky formula. They contain dimethicone, and consequently have that tell-tale dimethicone “slip.”
- They really couldn’t be a lot easier to use. Just apply directly to the skin, and blend out with your fingers.
- I’d describe the coverage as somewhere between sheer and medium. The one I’m using, Medium, does seem to cancel out the redness around my nose, thankfully, but I can definitely still see the freckles on my cheeks…
- I think I like wearing best these under powder foundation (looks very natural, and my pores look smaller).
- Medium does seem to even out my skin, but it doesn’t create anything like a mask. I’ve yet to try these under liquid foundation, but I want to.