For some reason, this is what I imagine Tabs says in his little kitty brain whenever he strikes a pose that involves showing off his butt (which is often).
Wait for it… Wait for it… Aaaaand, BAM!
That was probably a little too much crazy cat lady to admit in print, but what the hell.
Full-coverage yellowish pink Bam is one of the new Read My Lips Lip Glosses from theBalm, a gang of 11 glosses with a comic book theme. They’re enriched with green tea, antioxidants and moisturizing aloe, with coverage ranging from medium to full, depending on the color. Cost, $15 a pop.
The basics on Bam
- Finish: Creamy, with no glitter at all.
- Texture: Comfy. Bam’s non-sticky formula goes on smoothly and feels great.
- Moisture level: More moisturizing than Aquaman and Prince Namor combined, aka hella moisturizing.
- Wear time: About 2-3 hours on my lips.
- Flavor and scent: Yup, both. Bam has a faint berry flavor and scent that quickly fades.
Bam has been a steady member of my purse gloss superhero team for about a month because it goes with everything. Smokey eyes, neutral eyes — you name it. And because it’s highly pigmented, I can get a nude lip look with just a couple swipes.
Plus, the warm yellow undertones keep my lips from looking too flat or blah…which can happen sometimes with light pink glosses.
I can only think of one thing that would have taken it to the next level… Wear time. Four hours would’ve been nice (instead of 2-3), but that’s just me being picky.
Other than having room for a little longer wear time, Bam is a winner with me.
AVAILABILITY: Available now at theBalm counters and online at thebalm.com
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A