I think I still have sand in my ears and the tropics on my mind, because when I close my eyes, I can hear waves crashing, leaves rustling and chickens cock-a-doodle-doo’ing…
Wait — should I still be hearing chickens? That’s weird, isn’t it?
I guess part of me never left the island… It’s still back at Tunnels Beach on the North Shore of Kauai, lying on my straw beach mat in the shade, and looking up at the sky through a break in the jungle canopy and thinking, “This trip is gonna end way too soon.”
Oh, sure, I’m glad to be sleeping in my own bed again and glad to be back at home with my tubby Tabby/feline employer/plus-size kitty supermodel (right now he’s making county fair-sized biscuits on my tum!), but I haven’t completely let go of the tropics yet. Real or imagined, I can still feel sand sticking to the backs of my thighs and smell saltwater and sunscreen in my hair…
Bobbi Brown’s recently released beachy keen Miami Collection couldn’t have come at a better time. With the 12-piece, sand- and surf-inspired release of limited edition and permanent collection products, Bobbi is shoring up makeup and fragrance counters far and wide.
Shimmery shades of summery copper, pink, nude, gold, bronze and coral bedeck Bobbiâ€™s Long-Wear Cream Shadows ($24 each), Treatment Lip Shines ($23 each) and Shimmery Cheek Glows ($39 each), while the Beach Eau de Parfum ($67.50) and Shimmering Fragrance Oil ($34) fill the air with the scent of liquid sunshine.
Come on over, have a seat here on the towel, and let’s watch the waves crash while we check out eight of the 12 pieces from the release…
Long-Wear Cream Shadows from the left: Candlelight, Nude Beach and Copper
Treatment Lip Shines SPF15 clockwise from the gold on the upper left: Sunset Beach, Pink Seashell and Peach Sorbet
Shimmer Cheek Glow in Gold
Shimmering Fragrance Oil
Swatches from the left: Treatment Lip Shines SPF15 in Sunset Beach, Pink Seashell and Peach Sorbet; Long-Wear Cream Shadows in Candlelight, Nude Beach and Copper; and Shimmer Cheek Glow in Gold
The Bobbi Brown Miami Collection includes…
- 4 Long-Wear Cream Shadows in Copper (a bronzed copper), Bronze Sugar (a browned bronze), Nude Beach (a shimmering pinkish nude) and Candlelight (a pale gold) — $24 each, from the permanent collection
- 4 Treatment Lip Shines in Peach Sorbet (a pink coral), Pink Seashell (a pink nectar), Sunset Beach (a golden bronze) and Orchid Pink (a light heather pink) — $23 each, limited edition
- 2 Shimmer Cheek Glows in Miami (a golden nectar) and Gold (a yellow gold) — $39 each, limited edition
- Bobbi Brown Beach Fragrance Eau de Parfum — $67.50, from the permanent collection
- Bobbi Brown Shimmering Fragrance Oil — $34, limited edition
With these colors, the warm, turquoise waters and white sandy beaches of the tropics do seem a little closer than a plane ride away…
Weekend in Miami, anyone? I’m game if you are.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,