Good morning and happy Saturday to ya! How was your night? I didn’t do squat, thank you very much. But then I never leave the house anymore except to visit Tuttimelon in the middle of the night. I spent the evening on the couch with a bucket of taro root frozen yogurt, watching a Jersey Shore marathon… I don’t know when I turned into a Cathy comic (“Ack!”).
Before we dive into the joys that are Saturdays and surfing, here are comparison swatches of a few pieces from the new NARS Holiday 2010 Collection (with some bits thrown in from fall).
The purple shade in the Melusive Duo versus the Daphne Eyeshadow Single from fall 2010:
Melusine Eyeshadow Duo on left, Daphne Eyeshadow on right
Swatch of Melusine Eyeshadow Duo on left, Daphne Eyeshadow on right
The purple shade from Melusine looks a little plummier than the blue-violet Daphne Eyeshadow Single, which also looks sheerer than the purple in Melusine.
Oh, I got a couple of requests to see Bougainville Lip Gloss beside Strawberry Fields from fall 2010…
Bougainville on left, Strawberry Fields on right
Swatches of Bougainville on left, Strawberry Fields on right
Both shades sure are pigmented, aren’t they? I dig ’em both a lot.
Saturday Surfing: Sites I Surfed Today
- Stylecaster’s got a story on four DIY projects to try at home this weekend, and it includes my lip gloss organizer!
- This Sephora Halloween Minx Manicure looks like fun.
- No creasing and they’re cheap, too? Sounds like I need to pick up a few of these cheap drugstores liners from E.L.F.
- These crazy paper heels aren’t designed for walking, but they sure look hella cool.
- For all my fellow time strapped peeps, here are 30 ways to save 30 minutes a day.
- What an adorable black and white kitten. He’s listening to music! Aww… This made my morning.
- Ooh! I think I’m gonna try this sophisticated pin-up look!
I hope you have a lovely Saturday. Rest up if you can!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,