Greetings from cold and wet Northern California, ladies. What are you up to? I was a little beat from my afternoon in San Francisco yesterday, so I kinda slept in. It’s amazing what a few extra hours of sleep will do, though… I *almost* feel like a real girl, LOL!
Lunch with the girls yesterday in the city was fun. We met at La Mar, a Peruvian restaurant near the Ferry Building with LOTS of great seafood and fancy presentation.
I’d never had Peruvian food before and didn’t know what to expect. I went in thinking it would be hotter but was glad it wasn’t (I’m a wuss when it comes to hot food). They had this Peruvian corn which I’ll never forget. It tasted like regular corn but with GIGANTIC kernels the size of grapes!
The restaurant’s a little shoo-shoo/foo-foo ($$$$), and El Hub definitely would have complained about the smallish portions, but if you’re ever in the area it might be worth it to try something new.
Speaking of new things, here’s a look around the worlds of makeup and beauty:
- Stila’s Can Couture Instant Glam Can will help you get dolled up in a hot minute with a Major Lash mascara in black, a mini-Pomegranate Crush lip stain, mini-Convertible eyecolor in Peony and a pan of Kitten (meow!) eyeshadow.
- Give your pucker Valentine’s Day lurvies with Estee Lauder Love Your Lips.
- I drooled a little when I saw the Yves Saint Laurent Spring Look Palette.
- What do ya think of Givenchy New Impressions? Have you seen the Must-Have Blue quad?
- Luxe lips from the Guerlain Cherry Blossom collection
- Brightening Blushes from Too Faced — yes or no?
- A new limited-edition version of Clinique’s Happy: Happy in Bloom
- Tarte’s Flower Child Natural Eyeshadow Palette is refillable, yay!
- Will The Balm’s For Keeps Watercolor Lip Stains rock or not?
- Boscia’s MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil looks neat; I just hope it isn’t drying!
- Neutral-lovin’ babes, check out the Hourglass Cashmere and Zodiac Face Palettes.
- New at the House of Tar-ghay — Bella B body products
- Refresh thirsty winter skin with Kate Somerville’s Quench Hydrating Mask.
- What’s your take on Sephora’s Sparkle Strands? Trendy or tacky?
- I betcha Lewis Carroll would have worn the Alice in Wonderland OPI polishes.
- If you have an extra $998 sitting aroundâ€¦
- Jo Malone’s Red Roses Fragrance Chronicle Set might be better than a dozen roses!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,