I need another TV show addiction like I need another Bouchon Bakery macaron (OMG! — the peanut butter and jelly ones are a revelation!), but in my defense, when I couldn’t fall asleep the other night, at least I watched a new show like Nashville and not an episode of the Jersey Shore.
I actually really like the show. It stars Hayden Panetierre and Connie Britton as dueling country music divas. I’m not sure if it’ll be the next Friday Night Lights, but the music’s catchy, the story’s entertaining (so far), and it showcases some pretty makeup looks.
Hayden plays a cross-over country artist, and in the last episode she wears a shimmery greenish brown smokey eye in the video for a song called Telescope.
I thought it looked really cool, so I gave it a try today, but with a little twist to make it slightly more wearable (’cause that’s how I roll, boo).
Before we jump in, let’s gather our makeup first. We’ll need…
- A teal cream eye shadow like MAC Paint Pot in Delft
- A light shimmery green eyeshadow like Too Faced Niced Stems! (from the new Sweet Indulgences Palette)
- A dark shimmery green eyeshadow like Too Faced Pastille (also from Sweet Indulgences)
- A matte brown like MAC Brown Script
- A black eyeliner like Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Eye Pencil in Jet
- A shimmery gold eyeshadow like Too Faced Honeymoon (from Sweet Indulgences)
- A mascara like LORAC Pro
- False lashes like Revlon Fantasy Lengths lashes in 91002 Intensifying
- A pink blush like Illamasqua Hussy
- A pink lipstick like Too Faced La Creme in I Want Candy
The eyes: step by step
Start by applying the teal cream shadow on your lids and blending out the edges.
Pat the light green shimmery eyeshadow directly on top of the teal.
Sweep the matte brown eyeshadow into your crease and along your lower lash lines.
Line your upper and lower lash and water lines with your black eyeliner.
Pat the shimmery darker green eyeshadow on the outer third of your lids and along your upper and lower lash lines.
Apply the shimmery golden eyeshadow in the inner corners of your eyes, following up with mascara on your upper and lower lashes and finishing with false lashes.
The rest of the look
Super easy! Just sweep the pink matte blush on your cheeks, and apply your pink lipstick.
Now, grab your guitar and slip on those cowboy boots because you’re ready to hit the stage.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,