I hate that it’s socially unacceptable for adults in polite company to spontaneously sing and dance. I mean, it was acceptable in high school, right? — when we’d all go buck wild at the drive-thru to Madonna’s Holiday in Jen’s old Datsun (WHITE LIGHTNIN’ FOR EVA!!) — so why can’t people who are old enough to vote also sing their favorite Top 40 hits in line at the DMV?
I miss being able to get away with things like that (not that one exactly, though). At some point on the road from adolescence to adulthood, spontaneous singing and dancing goes from being an acceptable way to blow off steam, to being something only tolerated from adults who are inebriated, filming a video, or busting moves in a flash mob at the mall.
Well ptooey! on that. We can dance if we want to (we can leave our cares behind), and what better time to dance than while looking at pics and swatches of the new Bobbi Brown Holiday Collection, available now at BB counters and also online.
I can still do the choreo to this dance; my 8-year-old self would be proud
Can you spare a few minutes to add a little sparkle to your eyes and cheeks?
Even if you aren’t obsessed with makeup, I think you might really like this launch (it’s mostly eye palettes, with a lip gloss trio thrown in for variety) because the colors aren’t scary. The neutrals, plums and single blip of blue lend a polished look to professionals who aren’t interested in overly bright, blingy holiday looks.
Take a peek at four of the seven pieces here, and let me know if you see anything you like.
Cool Party Eye Palette, $45
Party Eye Palette, $45
Black Ruby Sparkle Eye Palette, $45
Party to Go Palette, $25
Party to Go Palette swatches
Black Ruby Sparkle Eye Palette swatches
Cool Party Eye Palette swatches
Party Eye Palette swatches
The Bobbi Brown Holiday 2011 Collection includes…
- Ultimate Party Collection — A double-decker compact with eight eyeshadows, four lip shades, a mini lip brush and a mini eyeshadow brush (limited edition, $65)
- Cool Party Eye Palette — Eight cool-toned powder eyeshadows in matte, shimmer and glitter finishes (limited edition, $45)
- Party Eye Palette — Eight warm-toned powder eyeshadows in in matte, shimmer and glitter finishes (limited edition, $45)
- Black Ruby Sparkle Eye Shadow Palette — Four glittery eyeshadows in shades of pink, silver, ruby and onyx (limited edition, $45)
- Party To Go Palette — A mini palette with three eyeshadows, two lip colors and a mini lip gloss in plum (limited edition, $25)
- Classic To Go Palette — A mini palette with three eyeshadows, two lip colors and a mini lip gloss in a neutral shade (limited edition, $25)
- Lip Gloss Trio — A trio of Bobbi’s favorite glosses in pink, nude and plum shades designed to work with all complexions (limited edition, $38)
Today’s been flying by, hasn’t it? I feel like I just rolled out of bed, but it’s already the afternoon!
How are tricks in your neck of the wood? Anything new to report?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,