So, last night El Hub and I were having dinner at this Puerto Rican place we like called Sol Food in San Rafael (YUM! Any Bay Area girls been there?) when he asked what I wanted to do for New Year’s.
“Hmm…” I said. To be honest, I hadn’t given it any thought. I forgot that we’re barely two weeks from the end of the year.
Can you believe it? 2014 already?
So, I have no clue what to do for NYE, but even if we end up staying home and just watching the ball drop on TV, there will be sparkly makeup up in the mix. Of that, you can be sure.
Bobbi Brown may be able to help, too. She says that her new Nude Glow makeup collection is like sparkly jewelry for your everyday wardrobe.
Yeah…I can get behind that.
The release hits counters in January with 10 pieces, including eyeshadow quads, sheer lipsticks, nail polishes and new shimmer bricks (aka, Brightening Finishing Powders) — all limited edition.
The theme, like we’ve been seeing a lot lately, is look brightening. The pieces are designed to instantly, easily enhance your skin tone and brighten your look, and get you gorgeously glowing for early 2014.
The Bobbi Brown Nude Glow collection includes…
- Limited Edition Eye Palette in Nude (Shades: Dove Grey Eye Shadow, Ballet Pink Sparkle Eye Shadow, Nude Eye Shadow and Cement Sparkle Eye Shadow), $44
- Limited Edition Eye Palette in Crystal (Shades: Porcelain Eye Shadow, Opal Sparkle Eye Shadow, Mica Sparkle Eye Shadow and Angel Pink Eye Shadow), $44
- Limited Edition Eye Palette in Bronze (Shades: Gold Bar Sparkle Eye Shadow, Amber Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow, Toast Eye Shadow and Rich Bronze Eye Shadow), $44
- Limited Edition Sheer Lip Colors in Pink Rose, Pink Flush and Pink Gold, $28 each
- Limited Edition Nail Polishes in Pale, Ballet Pink Glitter and Bronze Shimmer, $15 each
- Limited Edition Brightening Finishing Powder (Shades: Brightening Nudes, Porcelain Pearl and Bronze Glow), $50
Let’s see… “Luminous” is the best word I can think of to describe these pieces. The eyeshadow quads and sheer lipsticks all have that radiant, glowing quality that Bobbi does so well. Sparkle features prominently, but it’s not, like, club glitter, if ya know what I mean. Everything here, even the silver packaging (LOVE IT, but it’s a paint to keep clean), looks luxe and expensive to me.
Here’s a quick peek at six of the 10 pieces. Let me know if something here catches your eye…
Bobbi Brown Nude Glow collection swatches on my NC42 skin
Nude Glow shimmies (and shimmers) on Bobbi Brown counters and bobbibrowncosmetics.com next month.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,