I say “alleged minimal makeup” here because, let’s get real, this is more like maximum makeup, but being an obsessive makeup lover I actually wear more makeup than this on a regular basis with primers and color correctors and blending for days and layering and liner and basically everything and the kitchen sink (I’m sooo not shy when it comes to wearing zeh face paint), so even though this probably isn’t “streamlined” (air quotes) for many makeup lovers, it’s streamlined for me.
Um…I think this might be a little confusing? Because now I’m totally confused, HAHA! What I’m trying to say, I guess, is that this is by no means minimal makeup when you look at the sheer number of products, but it’s minimal makeup for me at the moment, which for me is also maximum makeup at the moment, because I seriously…I cannot handle anything more than this.
THIS BABY IS MAKING ME CRAY-CRAY!!!!
I’ve been wearing the products here in some fashion or other pretty much daily for the past two weeks (like, if I’m in a hurry, I’ll skip the highlighter and bronzer) and, depending on how much time I have and what I’m in the mood for, my makeup has been taking me anywhere from 5-15 minutes to do.
For the most part, the other elements of my looks haven’t varied much, with the exception of lip color, which has varied a lot, and when I can’t decide on a lip color, I’ll just throw on a pinkish nude ’cause it’s easy, ya know?
What’s up in the mix…
- Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm
- BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
- MAC Lightful C Tinted Cream SPF 30 in Medium Plus
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Tan
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer in Medium Dark Warm
- Urban Decay Brow Beater in Neutral Brown
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel in Black
- Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof in 88 Noir Intense
- The new Tarte Tartelette in Bloom Palette (I wear Smarty Pants and Jetsetter on my lids, and Smokeshow as eyeliner on my upper lash lines)
- Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Bronze
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light
- MAC Sheertone Blush in Gingerly
- MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Only You (from the new Ellie Goulding collection)
So that’s been my minimal makeup routine lately. What’s yours? I bet you a plate of TJ’s Dark Chocolate Stars it’s simpler than mine, LOL!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,