“Hello,” the sales associate said as Tabs entered the store. “Can I help you find something?”
“Meow…” Tabs replied, a little unsure. The sales associate smiled expectantly. Tabs knew that he wanted something to brighten his fur, but these stores were always so overwhelming to him. So many rows and rows and aisles and stacks of products taller than him. He didn’t know where to start.
The associate nodded. Tabs, as if on auto-pilot, moved deeper into the store, pulled by an unseen force. Fur brighteners, fur brighteners, fur brighteners, he reminded himself, trying to stay focussed.
Around him were dozens of displays with sparkling glass vials, vibrant posters and trays filled with pigmented products. A mix of perfumes filled the air.
Cats and cat ladies walked up and down the aisles, exploring the many treasures. Many chatted with sales associates. “This one is great for soft paws,” he overheard one of the associates say. She was standing beside a husky Russian Blue Tabs recognized from his neighborhood.
Tabs stopped in front of a display placed at cat eye level. New Urban Decay Fabulous Feline Fur Brightener! it read. “Meow,” he purr-chirped. Yes!
The display showed that it was available in eight colors. He saw Orange Tabby, Siamese, Tortie, and yes! Tabby too!
He pawed at the small boxes, looking for the shade, but there were none to be found. Shoot, he thought, I think they’re out.
“Meow?” he asked the nearest sales associate.
“Let me check,” she said, heading behind the counter. “Yeah, those have been really popular lately. It’s weird, a seal-point Ragdoll came in yesterday and purchased all of the ones in the Tabby shade we had in stock.”
Choupette! Tabs immediately thought. That cat was always trying to sabotage him.
“I’m sorry,” the sales associate said, “it looks like we’re completely out, but I can order one for you if you’d like.”
“Meow-rrow,” Tabs said. Yes, please. That would be great. There had to be a reason Choupette didn’t want Tabs to get his paws on that shade. A good reason, indeed.
Rise and shine, morning glory. Happy caturday!
Did you do anything fun last night? We pretty much took it easy out here, buuut I did see kittens.
Yup, after dinner we stopped by a local shopping center (I needed ice cream), and the pet food store there had three black and white kitten siblings up for adoption.
I seriously considered bringing all three of them home…
In other news, we watched a fantastic WWII miniseries this week on Netflix called Generation War. It’s from the German perspective (English subtitles), which we don’t see a lot out here, about a group of five young friends and what happens to them during the war. Highly recommended.
Whatever you’re up to this weekend, I hope it’s grand. I’ll talk to you soon.
- One (1) Sephora eGift card containing $50 sent to the winner by email (international readers, you may opt to receive $50 sent by PayPal instead).
- Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below.
- Open to U.S. and international readers.
- You must be 18 or older to enter (or otherwise an adult based on your local laws).
- Your comment can be about anything at all, but here are some ideas if you’re stuck:
- Have you ever played charades? How about Twister?
- What’s the shortest you’ve ever had your hair?
- Where were you born and raised?
- What’s something a lot of people don’t know about you?
- What’s the longest you’ve ever held the same job?
- A store you always enjoy visiting?
- You can enter in up to seven ways to boost your chances of winning.
- The giveaway ends on Monday, July 21, 2014 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time).
- Full terms and conditions are available in the widget.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,